• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hk MK23 & Horzine M7A3 Medic Rifle

Hk MK23 & Horzine M7A3 Medic Rifle

• 4 Blocks (Single and Dualies = 4 Blocks)

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • 2 Blocks (Single 2 Blocks; Dualies 4 Blocks)

Votes: 66 81.5%

• Total voters
If the CREATOR of a model wants it to be for a certain perk why not?

If the creator of, say, a sledgehammer, wants it to be a demolitions weapon, i think it would be good if we said no, cuz it doesn't fit...

Anyway: Some quick stats for the M99

Perk - Sharpshooter
Weight - 14 (Then you can't, as a Sharpie, carry anything else, not even Machete/Pipebombs. Support can carry it with a Shotgun though)
Cost - 4000 unperked (perhaps more?)
Ammo - 1 bullet in the rifle, 20 to 30 or so total shots
Reload - Slower than xbow
Damage - Enough to 1-headshot a 6-man HoE Fleshpound as a lvl 6 Sharpie (the low ammo, non-repickupable ammo, slow reload, high cost and high weight all balances that up) and perhaps even with just a bodyshot kills all specimen except Scrake, FP and Patty
Extra - Pierces quite a few targets, just like the Xbow (or better)
Scope - Similar to the Xbow

Question is, is it really a weapon we wanna add in the first place? Imo, it seems like a tier 4 weapon...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
...And it will have an Acog scope or so. And it wont get the headshotbonus from the SS and we'll try to make it difficult to hit something at long distances and scoring headshots.

I'm not trying to sound adversarial, and perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but since we are discussing something that fires a .50 BMG round, why would one intentionally make it difficult to hit something at long range? Especially, if equipped with an ACOG? (Typically 4X magnification.) Seems like that runs cross-grain to the whole point of this weapon.

Having had the chance to fire some rounds from a similar weapon, courtesy of the local police department who uses the same range as I do, this thing would lay waste to anything in the game, from one side of KF-Farm to the other. However, I'm *not* taking issue with the proposed damage it will deal, just please don't apply some screwy sight and/or accuracy issue to what sounds like an otherwise wonderful weapon. It strikes me as being an "outdoors on a clear day in a large map" sort of rifle, (KF-MoutainPass), which I think is just fine. I'd vote for at least a 30 round loadout; 50 rounds, if I had my way. I mean, if one is going to sacrifice a significant amount of carrying capacity to lug this bad agent around, you don't want to run dry. (50 rounds of linked .50 BMG weighs approximately 15 pounds.)

Very nice work on the H&K Mk.23 and the M7A3. My only criticism would have been that the reload animation on the M7A3 sort of obscures one's vision a bit. But, I gather you're through with any sort of tweaks for it, and it isn't that much of an issue.

Some old guy at the range let me fire his Mk.23 a year or so ago. On the second magazine, about three rounds in, the damn thing went full-auto on me. The guy just smiled and said, "Yeah, it does that sometimes..."

Upvote 0
I'm not trying to sound adversarial, and perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but since we are discussing something that fires a .50 BMG round, why would one intentionally make it difficult to hit something at long range? Especially, if equipped with an ACOG? (Typically 4X magnification.) Seems like that runs cross-grain to the whole point of this weapon.

Having had the chance to fire some rounds from a similar weapon, courtesy of the local police department who uses the same range as I do, this thing would lay waste to anything in the game, from one side of KF-Farm to the other. However, I'm *not* taking issue with the proposed damage it will deal, just please don't apply some screwy sight and/or accuracy issue to what sounds like an otherwise wonderful weapon. It strikes me as being an "outdoors on a clear day in a large map" sort of rifle, (KF-MoutainPass), which I think is just fine. I'd vote for at least a 30 round loadout; 50 rounds, if I had my way. I mean, if one is going to sacrifice a significant amount of carrying capacity to lug this bad agent around, you don't want to run dry. (50 rounds of linked .50 BMG weighs approximately 15 pounds.)

Very nice work on the H&K Mk.23 and the M7A3. My only criticism would have been that the reload animation on the M7A3 sort of obscures one's vision a bit. But, I gather you're through with any sort of tweaks for it, and it isn't that much of an issue.

Some old guy at the range let me fire his Mk.23 a year or so ago. On the second magazine, about three rounds in, the damn thing went full-auto on me. The guy just smiled and said, "Yeah, it does that sometimes..."

Yeah I know that the M99 is terribly accurate due to having the scope mounted on the barrel and so on...
It then just might be hard to hit because of it's weight. Firing with a 12kg rifle in standing position and hitting something far away is next to impossible. I already tried hitting an A4 paper at 300m with quite a heavy rifle, while standing and that's almost impossible. It was easier hitting something at 300m with the Steyr Aug, in the Army.
But it's not much of a problem chanign the perk it's considered for. We can try some stuff out :D.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah I know that the M99 is terribly accurate due to having the scope mounted on the barrel and so on...
It then just might be hard to hit because of it's weight. Firing with a 12kg rifle in standing position and hitting something far away is
next to impossible. I already tried hitting an A4 paper at 300m with quite a heavy rifle, while standing and that's almost impossible.

It was easier hitting something at 300m with the Steyr Aug, in the Army.
But it's not much of a problem chanign the perk it's considered for. We can try some stuff out .

OK, now I'm on the same page as you are, and, of course, you are correct. (Would that we could go prone, and use something for support, as in RO)

I feel more than a bit silly asking at this late date, but is there any existing accuracy increase while crouching in KF? I rarely play as a Sharpshooter, and the only time I find myself crouching is to duck behind something to avoid incoming Husk fire, and to give my Sharpster a clear field of view. If there isn't, I'm assuming it would be too difficult to implement at this point. That would be a real shame, as needing to crouch to fully realize the inherent accuracy of the M99 would be a fine way to balance, in both senses of the word, this weapon.

Oh, and, if possible, please try and implement some sort of "Wrath of God" sound for the noise this thing makes when fired. The sound should be quite sharp, deep, and powerful, with a VERY abrupt "attack" and a lot of "decay." Something that would cause people to complain they blew out the drivers in their Logitechs. That they're parents demanded that they move out. That they're wives were divorcing them. Something that loosens the bowels. (My, how unladylike!) THAT sort of sound. Something distinctly unmistakable, and something that would cause players to think, "Well, I've lost track of everyone else, but at least now I know where the damn Support guy is..." Because, that is exactly the sound these things make.

Upvote 0
Oh yeah a proning accuracy is implemented in KF. But now that most people want the SS to have a new weapon we decided to give it to the SS, where it belongs to in a way :D.
It will wieght quite much though, so that it won't make the Crossbow useless.
Actually I have quite a nice sound for the M99, but unfortunately the Unreal Editor seems to make it silent and I can't boost it more then 15bd or it will start to crack. However there has to be a fix for that.
We just finished the Rifle with all it's stuff and now there are just some minor things to tweak and adjust, so you probably can try it out tomorrow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0