• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Blood in the Tank

HeadClot

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 2, 2010
Utah, United States
Ok, so the bleedout system for infantry have been confirmed and the Armor penetration for tanks has been confirmed as well as killing individual and even the entire crew of a tank.

But I would like to pose a question to both the TW devs and the community.

What if a tank crew member is killed/Wounded by a glanced Shell off the hull of the tank resulting a bolt flying loose to wound or kill him.

Will Glancing Shells pose a threat to the Crew of the tank?

and

Will Individual tank members Bleed out like their Infantry Counterparts?

If so will there be Blood in the Tank?

Reactions: SolitarioSoldat
Well, it should be extremely gory. No one comes out pretty after being hit by a burning AP round :troll:

The point i was trying to make is this - If an AP Round does not penetrate just glances will there be the chance of the crew getting injured?

I know that each individual crew members can die. Heck they have their own hit boxes. But can they be Injured so that they perform there task slower? OR Can a crew member be dismembered? They showed off dismemberment in the "No Surrender trailer"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The point i was trying to make is this - If an AP Round does not penetrate just glances will there be the chance of the crew getting injured?

I know that each individual crew members can die. Heck they have their own hit boxes. But can they be Injured so that they perform there task slower? OR Can a crew member be dismembered? They showed off dismemberment in the "No Surrender trailer"
I don't think there's a way to just injure a crewman with an AP round without disabling him. AFAIK if the round penetrates, it would smash his body, if it doesn't penetrate, it can't do any harm to the crew.

Upvote 0
I don't think there's a way to just injure a crewman with an AP round without disabling him. AFAIK if the round penetrates, it would smash his body, if it doesn't penetrate, it can't do any harm to the crew.

IRL a non-penetrating round could cause spalling on the other side of the armor, which could wound (or kill) people inside. Is this modeled ingame? No idea, but it'd be cool.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
At some point in the past, Ramm mentioned the damage model on tank crews would not be as detailed as the infantry (which has bones and muscle modeled). The individual limbs will likely still be modeled, so maybe you could take a shot to the arm and still function (depending on the round - could be pistol rounds if you're unbuttoned).

Upvote 0
As u can read @ PC Gamer Jan 2011 Article about RO2, that HE Tank shells when hitting the tank, can cause some sort of vibration/reaction that can fire/activate ammo inside of that tank. Talked about mp40s magazines iirc of the tank crew being fired by a HE shell, and those bullets exploding fired inside of the tank cam kill people. It would then be logical to see some gore/dead corpses of tank crew men inside ?

Upvote 0
As u can read @ PC Gamer Jan 2011 Article about RO2, that HE Tank shells when hitting the tank, can cause some sort of vibration/reaction that can fire/activate ammo inside of that tank. Talked about mp40s magazines iirc of the tank crew being fired by a HE shell, and those bullets exploding fired inside of the tank cam kill people. It would then be logical to see some gore/dead corpses of tank crew men inside ?
No, the article covered the effects of a penetration that hits an ammo-storage, not the effect of "vibrations" of HE rounds (which would be absolutely impossible).

They said that if an ammo storage gets hit, the game distinguishes between HE rounds (or the propellant of said charges) cooking off and mg-ammo cooking off.

The former will cause a fire and even explode and the later will cook off and "bounce" around.

Last edited:
Upvote 0