• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New physics and no dead body disappear is fattible?

Couldn't this be tuned down and made into a server-side option?

Obviously if it's a server option there can't be hundreds upon hundreds of corpses, but it doesn't have to remove the bodies as quickly either. There could be the option to set the corpses to disappear after the player who was controlling that particular avatar has died again once or twice, so you get more bodies without the annoying issue of bodies obscuring each player's vision differently

Upvote 0
He answered your question in his post.

It works both ways. Somebody shoots you that you clearly can't see because your computer has a body blocking him. His doesn't. That body is somewhere else for him. And vice versa, you shoot somebody you can see because you have a clear view of him. The guy you just shot screams "BS." because he had a body blocking his vision of you. It wasn't on your computer, not your problem. Either way, its annoying, frustrating and subject to a boatload of accusations flying around.

I just want bodies on the map either have longer lasting ones or preferably pre placed ones around the map that you could use to hide behind.

Upvote 0
Couldn't this be tuned down and made into a server-side option?

Obviously if it's a server option there can't be hundreds upon hundreds of corpses, but it doesn't have to remove the bodies as quickly either. There could be the option to set the corpses to disappear after the player who was controlling that particular avatar has died again once or twice, so you get more bodies without the annoying issue of bodies obscuring each player's vision differently

no matter what bodies could be at other locations because bodies are client side not server side.

Upvote 0
This won't be server side anytime soon but it would be nice to be able to turn up the count of the decals and bodies client side. I also guess it would be a time limit since that is how it is done now right? Would be good to know that an mg is setup when you see a pile of bodies. Weapons however would still have to be server side.

Upvote 0
hardware limitation?? HAHAHAHHAHAHAAH it depens by the computer.......... i think a i7 8gb ram gtx285 can support this.IF I CAN DO THIS ON METRO 2033 I CAN DO THIS IN RED ORCHESTRA. I think idtech 4 whit nvidia physx need more hardware than ut3 or the same, BUT RED ORCHESTRA HOS WILL SUPPORT PHYSX YES OR NO?
Holy :IS2: Batman! Has our prophet, 7th Guards, had a first born son who has returned?!

Upvote 0
The major problem is that bodies are client side. Yes, they could technically remain longer on client PC's, but it quickly becomes a gameplay issue. You may get shot by a person who can clearly see you, but your view of them was obscured by a corpse lying in front of you, or draped over the piece of a cover your enemy is behind. When that starts to happen, people start to get annoyed.

Multiplayer gaming: there always has to be something that annoys people. The fact that you are playing with other people through the ping-dependant connection basically states that.

If bodies don't stay, then you have to deal with the fact that weapons and bodies will vanish after a 10 second period, and lets face it, it's very immersion breaking to be fighting some last stand, people dying around you, and the bodies simply vanishing like magic every 10 seconds.

It's just like the ballistics client-side vs server-side argument, every action has an equal and opposite reaction, and you'll have to deal with the annoying aspects of either system. You can't have the bad without the good.

This is merely a visual feature, the counter argument argument is "bodies do not provide usable cover" but likewise, if there were no bodies at all, there'd still be no cover. It makes no difference, just don't hide behind the bodies if there's going to be minor positioning discrepancies. Body discrepancies are generally minor enough that bodies between clients are usually at most, a few feet apart. As long as bodies don't stop rounds then there won't be a serious issue with bodies that are arbitrarily blocking somebody's view.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bodies didn't just vanish in RO after a few seconds. Time it and see how long it takes.

Comparing with RnL is silly, as both engines are completely different.

The last thing TWI will do, given how complex the information the server is handling is to begin with - is bog it down with something pointless to satisfy whatever strange desire you have to use dead bodies for cover in a firefight...

Upvote 0
it is true in the new video for Red Orchestra I think the ragdoll does not disappear or do it slowly, it seems to you? here the videos [url]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-11-red-orchestra/711635[/URL]
[url]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-11-red-orchestra/711637[/URL]

It also looks like the ragdolls interact with each other. During the pickup menu demo, you can see the result of this, where there are two bodies, and a rifle. The rifle is laying atop one body, and one leg is laying atop another body's leg.

Upvote 0