• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Aw yeah!

Where is the image revealing the top panel originally from? It's not shown on the steam KF announcements, for me.

Also, revolvers, dual weldable, or no? If it's more powerful than a handcannon, then I'm definitely guessing no. If it's between the power of the 9mm and handcannon, then I'm still guessing no, but less certainly. The reloading animation would be some combination of awkward, forever-taking, hand-whirlwinds, and/or totally unrealistic. If it's like The Haunted: Hell's Reach where the character just flicks his wrists, swinging the cylinders out and back in, I'll be mildly disappointed.

This reveal was on the Tripwire Facebook page.

Upvote 0
I have been thinking about it and I don't think that the MP5 is for medic class.

From a coding aspect, this weapon has a flashlight and will not leave a button for the healing dart.

I still believe the mp5 is for medic. and have 2 guns with healing darts are overpowered aslong the medic dont have 500% recharge rate. cuz you can just swap between mp5 and medicgun for unlimited healz :p

EDIT: thread has 13000views

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Incidently I am thinking about reviving a classic suggestion that a number of people have made before. I believe however that this suggestion is made more potent by the inclusion of these new weapons.

2 examples that I remember off top of my head.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=41310

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=45989

I'd also like to draw special attention to this variant. Looks sick :)

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=626961#post626961

Marco implemented this in his ServerPerks Mut, it'd be nice if they introduced this into the official game. Especially if they are adding more weapons.

variety is the spice of life. Why not just have one zed, and never bother to make others because once you have one zombie the rest are pointless? Also lets just have one melee weapon, and one gun, the rest are just cheap copycats.

I think the point is that most of the weapons don't even look that much different, let alone function any different. (Of course this is speculation) As a casual observer the biggest difference in the shotguns for example is the stock, well in first person I'm not going to notice that, and I don't look at peoples guns when playing. So unless its function differers it no longer adds much other than a larger memory footprint.

Same goes for the one that looks like the Scar. And before the gun nuts (Candle I'm looking at you =P) jump in with lists of ballistic figures and weapon info to highlight the difference between the existing shotgun (Bellini?) and the suggested one, remember this game has shotguns rounds that penetrate upwards of 3 zeds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think the point is that most of the weapons don't even look that much different, let alone function any different. (Of course this is speculation) As a casual observer the biggest difference in the shotguns for example is the stock, well in first person I'm not going to notice that, and I don't look at peoples guns when playing. So unless its function differers it no longer adds much other than a larger memory footprint.

Same goes for the one that looks like the Scar. And before the gun nuts (Candle I'm looking at you =P) jump in with lists of ballistic figures and weapon info to highlight the difference between the existing shotgun (Bellini?) and the suggested one, remember this game has shotguns rounds that penetrate upwards of 3 zeds.

oooo have to strongly disagree with you there my good friend.

From what I can see, each weapon has a unique usage compared to any weapon in the game thus far..... (ok maybe bar the top one, however if that is a tele sight then this is also unique)

Husk cannon, nothing to compare it to

MP5, hopefully if that is a light attachment, we don't have a sub-machine gun with FL

Revolver, - TWI hasn't made one yet

AR15? - with rocket launcher

Claymore - no sword like that exits, except the katana and that is like comparing a farrari with a lambo

Shotgun may be scatter or long range (hopefully this is the medic shotgun everyone asked for)

I think the main thinking behind these weapons is the fact they are US military weapons, as stated in one of Yoshiro's posts on FB (Bloody Yanks)
Everyone has been asking for M16s etc, so if you are going to make one US based weapon, then you may as well make one for everyone.

As you said though this is all speculation but from how I see it, it is TWI fulfilling wishlists for many of the KF players.

Edit,

add to that, if this would have been a character pack, everyone would have wanted new zeds, if it would have been new zeds, everyone would have wanted new guns. someone somewhere will still be unhappy that we are getting free content and not exactly what they wanted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Salad Snake
Upvote 0
oooo have to strongly disagree with you there my good friend.

From what I can see, each weapon has a unique usage compared to any weapon in the game thus far..... (ok maybe bar the top one, however if that is a tele sight then this is also unique)

Husk cannon, nothing to compare it to

MP5, hopefully if that is a light attachment, we don't have a sub-machine gun with FL

Revolver, - TWI hasn't made one yet

AR15? - with rocket launcher

Claymore - no sword like that exits, except the katana and that is like comparing a farrari with a lambo

Shotgun may be scatter or long range (hopefully this is the medic shotgun everyone asked for)

I think the main thinking behind these weapons is the fact they are US military weapons, as stated in one of Yoshiro's posts on FB (Bloody Yanks)
Everyone has been asking for M16s etc, so if you are going to make one US based weapon, then you may as well make one for everyone.

Regarding "what new the weapons bring", i can agreed with Husk Cannon (very unique), MP5 (SMG with flashlight is new, plus it fits as a VERY common weapon in britain), Revolver (completely new style of weapon), and the AR with underslung grenade launcher (also very new in this game). All those feel new in some way. But the other three, not so much (at least from the info we know about them for now, they COULD bring something unique though, but i doubt it):

The Shotgun - So, another shotgun with flashlight? Just that it's semiautomatic? Pretty much just a mix of AA12 in semimode and the standard shotgun. Doesn't feel all too unique, rather that it is just gonna replace the standard shotgun. The KSG from the IJC weaponpack felt way more unique though, with its variable spread.
Nonetheless, im not gonna complain about that we are getting a new toy though (FOR FREE!). I'll wait with the final verdict on this one.

The Claymore - Pretty much a merge of Katana (in that it is a sword) and the Fire Axe (in that it is probably slow and heavy). If it brings the "cleave multiple specimen in a single sweep", sure that would be new, but that could just as well be added to the Katana's secondary fire and/or Fire Axe's primary fire. I'd probably would've preferred Dual Machetes and maybe even throwable Machetes/Fire Axe.
Despite my complaints, the Claymore feels very british, so that's a good thing. And despite maybe not being unique, the Claymore is quite the bad@ss weapon :cool:

The AR on the top - My biggest hate. It's such an ugly weapon that so many people (kids in particular for some reason?) seem to love. WHY?! What's so special about this frikkin weapon? And from the looks of it, it doesn't seem to be bringing anything new either. This is the only weapon i personally REALLY don't like being added. On top of that, a lot of people (especially on the Ideas & Suggestions forums) were always complaining about the people that wanted the M16/M4 (or similar kind of weapons). Now, when it is getting added though? Where did this "hatred" of yours go? Where is the consistancy in you people? :mad: *Sigh* ... i have a feeling there are gonna be so many Commandos running around with this weapon now -.-
But, that is my PERSONAL complaint about the weapon. I completely understand why TWI is adding it though, cuz that single weapon is gonna bring in a cr@pload of new players to the game (and keep them playing) which equals lots of profit. So i still see why it was added and that's totally fine by me :) After all, despite not liking the weapon all too much, im still gonna have to test it out though :p

At last, to clarify: Despite the complaints in this post i still will enjoy this update to bits because after all we are getting these things for free! Thanks for constantly refreshing this game TWI! :)

Upvote 0
Regarding "what new the weapons bring", i can agreed with Husk Cannon (very unique), MP5 (SMG with flashlight is new, plus it fits as a VERY common weapon in britain), Revolver (completely new style of weapon), and the AR with underslung grenade launcher (also very new in this game). All those feel new in some way. But the other three, not so much (at least from the info we know about them for now, they COULD bring something unique though, but i doubt it):

The Shotgun - So, another shotgun with flashlight? Just that it's semiautomatic? Pretty much just a mix of AA12 in semimode and the standard shotgun. Doesn't feel all too unique, rather that it is just gonna replace the standard shotgun. The KSG from the IJC weaponpack felt way more unique though, with its variable spread.
Nonetheless, im not gonna complain about that we are getting a new toy though (FOR FREE!). I'll wait with the final verdict on this one.

The Claymore - Pretty much a merge of Katana (in that it is a sword) and the Fire Axe (in that it is probably slow and heavy). If it brings the "cleave multiple specimen in a single sweep", sure that would be new, but that could just as well be added to the Katana's secondary fire and/or Fire Axe's primary fire. I'd probably would've preferred Dual Machetes and maybe even throwable Machetes/Fire Axe.
Despite my complaints, the Claymore feels very british, so that's a good thing. And despite maybe not being unique, the Claymore is quite the bad@ss weapon :cool:

The AR on the top - My biggest hate. It's such an ugly weapon that so many people (kids in particular for some reason?) seem to love. WHY?! What's so special about this frikkin weapon? And from the looks of it, it doesn't seem to be bringing anything new either. This is the only weapon i personally REALLY don't like being added. On top of that, a lot of people (especially on the Ideas & Suggestions forums) were always complaining about the people that wanted the M16/M4 (or similar kind of weapons). Now, when it is getting added though? Where did this "hatred" of yours go? Where is the consistancy in you people? :mad: *Sigh* ... i have a feeling there are gonna be so many Commandos running around with this weapon now -.-
But, that is my PERSONAL complaint about the weapon. I completely understand why TWI is adding it though, cuz that single weapon is gonna bring in a cr@pload of new players to the game (and keep them playing) which equals lots of profit. So i still see why it was added and that's totally fine by me :) After all, despite not liking the weapon all too much, im still gonna have to test it out though :p

At last, to clarify: Despite the complaints in this post i still will enjoy this update to bits because after all we are getting these things for free! Thanks for constantly refreshing this game TWI! :)

Nice post and actually thought out.

I agree about the shotgun as I think this will be the weakest link out of the bunch and also can't see what more it can bring to the table.

The claymore though, yes it is just another sword and I think I used the wrong comparison in my last post.
I'll put it another way, if say the modders added a cricket bat to the game, wouldn't the US want a baseball bat? even though they are practically the same thing? (a piece of wood with a handle) and I don't think you would have any complaints there.

As far as the AR15/M16/M4 whatever it is, it is with out doubt an iconic weapon.
LOL, you know, I love guns and had never even heard of a SCAR before I played this game, yet I sure know what an M16 is.
If the dev's are making a US based mod, then it HAS to be in there as it would be like posting a picture of London and not having an iconic red double decker bus in it.

Upvote 0
I have a feeling the husk weapon will be heavy to the point you can't have both the flamethrower + husk weapon.

Though the Highlander Claymore looks nice. Swing it to kill multiple enemies with one sweep, strong move, but very slow would make berserker interesting. It may be a weapon that destroys the general masses pretty easily.

Upvote 0
In my opinion not every weapon has to be unique as in real life they're ALL almost the same. The only difference between the M16, M4, STG77 (aug), Famas, Scar-L, G36, Tavor, L85A1 and so on.... is accuracy and fire rate and they look different. And everyone might find another weapon better or more suitable.
So a variaty is always good. Actually i just hate it to always play with the same shotgun or assault rifle. I wouldn't mind if there were 1000 weapons which are almost the same. So that everyone can pick her/his personal favourite, which has the optimal damage, recoil and accuracy sats in her/his opinion.
Just like in any other game. I don't see the reason why ppl always want a very unique feature (although it's nice) in KF.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can't please everyone. That's just the way it is. Looking forward to this anyway. :D

True, that is why this will never happen: a berserker with brass knuckles on fast hands.

How sweet it would be to see close-up slow motion scenes of teeth flying, jaw breaking, skull cracking, blood squirting, nasty gashes in face, etc..

Upvote 0
Af1ZM-oCEAEX2_9.jpg:large

Tripwire,

I am excite.

Upvote 0
Iron sights and a regular magazine, eh? I guess having a grenade launcher on it is plenty fancy as-is.

It will be interesting how they handle the multiple ammo types, and reloading of the launcher.
If it's not select fire, I hope it's just semi auto, but FA is cool too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Iron sights and a regular magazine, eh? I guess having a grenade launcher on it is plenty fancy as-is.

It will be interesting how they handle the multiple ammo types, and reloading of the launcher.

It's pretty simple if you ask me, I've done it before and also seen it before in a mod pack for UT2004 called Ballistic Weapons

Upvote 0

I'm hoping semi-auto only, kinda like an FAL, with the grenade launcher it's secondary function.

Upvote 0