• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 and why I will play BF3 more

Honestly, I don't undertand why some people keep saying how they'll play more BF3 than RO2, saying bye and crap like that. I wonder if they actually think anyone give a ****. Us RO diehard lovers enjoy another games too, geez. It's stupid to compare both games.

This, for example is my desktop. I love every one of those games. If you like RO2, ok. If you like BF3, ok too. Just play a game you enjoy, ffs. It's the whole point of gaming, and stop making new pointless threads

Spoiler!

They say bye but for they go they come here to trash ro2.

Upvote 0
Becuase RO2 is the biggest disappointment in TW''s release history. I got all their games but they really dropped the ball on this one. So people like me are being pushed towards other games like BF3 and want this to be heard here. Maybe TW will hear this and start getting their **** together and listen to the vets. If they will continue on this road this game will be DEAD in 2 months. Look at the player numbers, people are abbandoning this game by the 1000's. Only people still hollering the negative BF3 crap and screaming for unchanged gameplay for RO2 are the newcomers who never played RO1 and they are a minority.

That`s your opinion. This doesn`t mean that you talk wise.

Upvote 0
Becuase RO2 is the biggest disappointment in TW''s release history. I got all their games but they really dropped the ball on this one. So people like me are being pushed towards other games like BF3 and want this to be heard here.

Bull****. There is nothing that you don't like in RO2 that is not worse in BF3 or those other games. How could BF3 possibly be more like RO1? Seriously, do you think we are dumb?

If you think RO2 is bad, then you should, if you are being honest, think BF3 is much, much worse in every respect.

So either you're not being honest, or you are someone that hasn't got a clue about FPS gaming. That makes your claim of being a long time RO fan rather suspect, considering it was a pretty obscure title.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
After spending 10 hours playing the Battlefield beta, I was concerned that RO2 might look dated when I returned. To my relief it doesn't - it's obviously not quite at the same level as the incredible Frostbite 2 engine, but it still looks and plays great. I'll play BF3 for my vehicular mayhem, and RO2 when I want a slower, more considered style of historical shooter. Why play just one when you can have the best of both worlds?

Reactions: zombinex
Upvote 0
This is a ro2 forum, what has bf3 got to do with this.
Why do you spam here about bf3.

Why do you spam an entire page of replies?

I mean it's bad enough if people by accident double post, but you take it to a whole new level. You just make a post everytime you want to reply to somebody.

Please learn to use the forum properly.

Upvote 0
Ro2 isn`t bad, that`s just YOUR opnion. Not mine.:mad:

And your opinion is qft? Your fanatic posting here makes you look like a crazy person of some kind, ignoring all the flaws and flaming people who critisize the game in it's curent state. I loved RO1, still do, but RO2 just doesn't cut it. Accept that this is the opinion of most people who purchased this game. That's right, I payed for it so you will hear my ****ing opinion and I will state it whenever the **** I feel like doing so.

Upvote 0
Ok after buying AVP (the new one that lasted a month) Brink (that lasted a week) Black Ops (which ran like crap with game destroying bugs for the first 4 months) and RO2 (which actually ran ok but had more crap maps than a frozen throne player made map pack) I thought - perhaps I will purchase a game to tide me over until the bugs in this one are fixed.

So trying to be a bit more informed - I checked who was playing what on steam.....RO2 peaked today at 2816 players. Given 3250 were on yesterday thats a loss of over 400 in a day. There are currently 996 players online now WORLDWIDE 2 weeks after release?! Dead Island has over 3800 currently on and over 8 k at peak. WTF. Has BF3 taken THAT many players from this game?! I am downloading the beta now to see what the fuss is about.

I guess some of us are just not loyal to any company. I don't have time to waste waiting for something to get patched - the stats bug is a game killer. Theres no point playing because they are going to reset eventually when they work out the command line thats giving me a level 89.

Good luck to those sticking around - once its fixed I will pop my nose in and run across a blank map to get shot in the leg by a proned riflemen again. Then I will remember again why this isn't much fun. Realism - my arse. What a waste of $40 bucks.

Ciao

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I really don't get this urge to compare Bf3 to Ro2. Ok both are fps, but they are evidently for 2 different target of gamers. Personally in spite of the many bugs, i love Ro2 and its dynamics, which you can't really find in any other shooter, a perfect balance between accessibility and realism.
As for Bf3, yesterday i played the beta, since i got impressed as almost everyone by those flashy trailers. Well i don't really understand what's the fuss about it, it felt just like a nth casual shooter, completely bugged for now, with no weapon feelings, zero sensations of reward when killing people, and it seems like you're maneuvering a robot. In other words, it doesn't have that "physical impact" that Ro communicates while playing.

Upvote 0
So let me get this straight:

The OP:

1. Started getting into realism playing Project Reality mod for BF2
  2. Played RO1 for a similar "realism" experience.
  3. For 3 (moddable, mappable, optional) small reasons, doesn't feel RO2 lives up to the brand established by RO1. Mainly what these 3 reasons add up to is that he prefers having to run a long way to an objective because it somehow makes him play more carefully, and he doesn't want to be able to correct the fov when trying to acquire targets.
  4. Because of all this, has decided to tell us that because RO2 doesn't feel enough like RO1, that he's going to be playing more of a game that feels even less like RO1, and one that furthermore won't even be moddable therefore won't be anything like for example the Project Reality experience.
I get that he won't be playing RO2 as much as he'd hoped. Some people are just not as into it as they'd hoped. I'm very into it, I love the game, feels very much in the RO tradition to me, etc, but de gustibus non est disputandum I suppose. But I guess I don't get it that: RO2 is not enough like RO1, so he's going to go play a game that is even less like RO1 by miles and miles, that isn't even in the same sub-genre or have a similar playstyle. That's...strange.

And I know it's just his opinion, but I don't really get the preference for running a long way to objectives, especially at the movement speeds of RO1 and no ability to vault over obstacles. The reasoning is overtly that because this is such an annoying experience that you feel your spawn is more precious to you so you are more careful so you don't have to undergo it again? C'mon... Seriously? Don't you have another motive to play tactically...like winning a round??? Earning team points??? It just seems to me like, given the objective-based nature of Territory and Countdown (firefight obviously excepted), we have enough motivation to stay alive...alive either in the objective (capping/defending it) or supporting it. When that cap/defend counter loses you, it still could very probably mean the difference, in the time it takes you to respawn and get back in the objective, between a loss of the objective and shifting spawns and probably also time for the enemy's respawn queue to empty out.

I'm just saying I find more than enough motive to play tactically by positive reinforcement, moreso than the negative of a long walk out of the spawn.

Reactions: Vegard
Upvote 0
Becuase RO2 is the biggest disappointment in TW''s release history. I got all their games but they really dropped the ball on this one. So people like me are being pushed towards other games like BF3 and want this to be heard here. Maybe TW will hear this and start getting their **** together and listen to the vets. If they will continue on this road this game will be DEAD in 2 months. Look at the player numbers, people are abbandoning this game by the 1000's. Only people still hollering the negative BF3 crap and screaming for unchanged gameplay for RO2 are the newcomers who never played RO1 and they are a minority.

"I got all their games"....

Gee, you're a real afficionado and collector of Tripwire games, you've really got ALL of them before RO2?? You mean, like, all TWO of them?

:D

Upvote 0