• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

January 10th Update Notes

So are there any servers with new maps? have not played since release because of content

Very limited numbers - say maybe 5 or so servers running one or both of the "new" maps. However, now we have proper server downloading in place of manual download and "install", we should see plenty more :) Both of the custom maps are excellent, and there are at least 2 others in the pipeline right now. Good times indeed :)

Upvote 0
I wish I had some experience with map making but to learn from scratch seems like a task too time-consuming as the girl-friend complains now and then already.

So modders and map makers work your magic. It will be appreciated!

We have our own wives and girlfriends to keep happy. Learn to make maps.

Reactions: illinifan
Upvote 0
just a hads up redirect works, just downloaded butovo_beta3_fix yesterday i played ogledow beta 4 but i already had that on the pc... however as i said REDIRECT WORKS OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
thanks tripwire now this year will be the year of the :IS2:

Hold the phone?!?! does this mean if we haven't downloaded the map from a third party, the servers will D/L it for us?

Upvote 0
Is there an update for those of us who already had the SDK? I haven't noticed a download.

Yes indeed - I forget the exact size, but I think it was around 60MB. It popped up for me last night, alongside the 200MB+ update for the game.

Hold the phone?!?! does this mean if we haven't downloaded the map from a third party, the servers will D/L it for us?

Yes indeed (Part 2) :)

Upvote 0
No you didn't fix this. I still keep crashing frequently in this game and in this game only.

Please fix this!

The update fixes the crashes they could identify SO FAR. It doesn't fix the crashes they couldn't yet identify. Did you even supply a .dmp file yourself, or did you just expect the .dmp files of others to fix your own problems? Sorry for sounding cynical here, and I know that crashing is frustrating - but fixing crashes is a step-by-step process, made more difficult because only a small minority of players are experiencing these crashes. Each crash could be caused by entirely different parts of the code.

I still am not seeing any update available when I start Steam

I just fired up Steam on my work laptop, and got the SDK update straight away. Are you sure you didn't miss it? It doesn't really help that both of the SDK "games" in Steam, show absolutely no update information or history.

Reactions: =GG= Mr Moe
Upvote 0
But still crashing to Desktop after 2 rounds, while changing map. :confused:

Have you submitted .dmp files from when you get these crashes? If not, have a look at this thread:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=63486

The more .dmp files you can supply, the easier it'll be for TWI to find your particular problem :) I haven't actually had any crashes since just after release - so you'll need to bear with TWI on their investigation, as these are obviously quite obscure and therefore tricky problems to find. The fact that you can recreate the crash however, bodes well for TWI being able to do the same.

Upvote 0