• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra and Valve

BATTERIES

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
I understand that Valve and Tripwire have had a nice strategic alliance for some time now. Thats just heart warming, however with the looming completion of what we all hope to be an excellent game, an important question still remains...

Will there be tf2 hats included with the release of this game? This is the case for many of valves allies recently.

I can see the point behind it as , 1. introducing tf2 players to the game and 2. giving tf2 some publicity.

But please, do not stoop to this level.

If this happens I will not buy the game. Thank you that is all.

:IS2::IS2::IS2:

To sink to levels of depravity such as this. Its unthinkable no matter what the gain. Making the game more popular is one thing, but to fuel the hat collecting madness which is tf2 is immoral.

Im impressed by how quickly people come to defend, an as of yet , non issue. Well done.

Last edited:
Reactions: LemoN
Upvote 0
when i fisrt read it i was like "what, this a joke?" i got some cool bling from when i beta tested Shattered Horizon and i loved it! i still were the shirt around. i even got my name in the credits for outstanding testing and that was even better..
my old sig..:cool:
SpTMz.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Honestly, I don't see much of an issue here; if Valve wants more hats, they will find more hats, HoS or non-HoS. So do you want the "Hum-diddly random Bison Hat with chrome attachements" or that effort transfered to a hat which can actually do something good? I'm not so much defending it as saying that I don't really see why it matters either way.

In any case, TWI nor Valve have even mentioned anything like this, and we all know how hats like this tend to get front-row publicity for some reason (so we know there is no such hat deal as of yet).

And on top of that, what would they make a hat of.... The Grain Factory? An IS-2? A ppsh? I mean, I thought they already had war helmets from both sides, I can't see what else they could honestly throw on...

Upvote 0
I'd also hope Tripwire doesn't do a TF2 hat/item promotion.

It may appear harmless but a lot of people see it as simply money grabbing at this point, as if TF2 is good for nothing but advertising anymore. It's one thing if Valve does it, they own the franchises, but when another developer decides to head down that avenue, it just doesn't look good.

Upvote 0
I'd also hope Tripwire doesn't do a TF2 hat/item promotion.

It may appear harmless but a lot of people see it as simply money grabbing at this point, as if TF2 is good for nothing but advertising anymore. It's one thing if Valve does it, they own the franchises, but when another developer decides to head down that avenue, it just doesn't look good.

it's honestly Valve's decision: no matter what, TWI should not try in any way to force through a hat or two. But if Gabe Newell really wants a PanzerSchreik hat, I don't see how that sullies TWI's name.

Upvote 0
I think that it could actually damage sales, when I see a game advertising a TF2 hat, I start looking a lot closer at it, and not in a good way. I'd prefer that this road is avoided, mainly because it just looks like a desperate attempt to get a few more sales to me. Preorder incentives are perfectly ok when I see them, the TF2 hats...not so much

Upvote 0
Its funny , at first when I thought of this I said " naaa they wouldnt do that it would just be stoopid". But now the more I think of it, its a real and present danger.

If you dont think its a problem then thats just naive. I mean who wants this potential masterpiece to be associated with that : advertising machine with Random hat drops characterised by money grabbing, in game item store, buying keys for boxes (?) , collection addiciton and gameplay that is becoming more terrible by the update. Completly over-the-top FILTH. Hopefully valve start selling unique 1 time only hats !! ( for 10,000$ each lol some idiots would still probably buy it)

And no offence to tf2 players because theres probably some here and I have on occasion played it, but personally I wouldnt want to attract your kind to Red Orchestra.

:IS2::IS2::IS2:

Last edited:
Reactions: LemoN
Upvote 0