• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weapon: Barrett M99

I am speaking up for 25% head shot resistance for FP's to kill them in 1 shot. This is an Anti-Material rifle! Anything less and you might as well restore the damage values to the M14. This ain't no pea shooter. If the "balance" natzis are insistent on 40% head shot resistance I ask that the ammo capacity be increased to 30 and cost per bullet is no more than $10. I base the cost on the fact that a standard .50 bmg round cost less than $5 per bullet. Jack-Carver, do what you feel is right for your personal tastes. I know that when the mutator goes live on NETSKY servers we will enjoy it as we have you other creations:).

We will make a Netsky balance too. But in fact it's TWI's decission, which balancing is right.

Upvote 0
One bug i noticed - on the trader side of the shop the M99 is listed as weighing 10 blocks, but its actually 13. So it appears as purchasable even when you have other stuff in your inventory slots.:(

The sighting is confirmed fixed, thx soo much - this baby is beast.:D

When is this gonna be compatible with perks? will the recoil be lessened with the SS perk? because then i'd be able to SEE the BAMF headshots, not just hear them in zed time, lol.:p

EDIT: i'm also loving the random blue strip on the scope - i don't know why its there, but it made me laugh. Don't ask why, i don't now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
K, on 6-man HoE it takes 4 shots to kill a FP and 2 to kill a Scrake. I was playing with lvl 6 sharpshooter under Perk Selector.

Also, textured scope bug is in full effect for this rifle. It allows me to rapidly fire off a round once per second that instantly kills anything below a Scrake. In one entire clip I did enough damage with headshots to kill the 6-man Patriarch.

Overall the animations are amazing, the texture obviously isn't quite finished, and the model is superb.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
K, on 6-man HoE it takes 4 shots to kill a FP and 2 to kill a Scrake. I was playing with lvl 6 sharpshooter under Perk Selector.

Also, textured scope bug is in full effect for this rifle. It allows me to rapidly fire off a round once per second that instantly kills anything below a Scrake. In one entire clip I did enough damage with headshots to kill the 6-man Patriarch.

Overall the animations are amazing, the texture obviously isn't quite finished, and the model is superb.

Thx!
The rapidfie bug will get fixed. We forgot to set the rate of fire ;).
I'm not really shure what you mean by: "Also, textured scope bug is in full effect for this rifle. It allows me to rapidly fire off a round once per second that instantly kills anything below a Scrake"
It takes about 4 seconds to reaload (yeah i know there is a rapid fire bug). But you won't be able or it will be hard to kill the paty with it, when soloing.
The Perks will only fully work once it's whitelisted. There's nothing we can do about that, as it has be added to the "Perk Weapn list".

Upvote 0
so i was working this gun like crazy on a normal game - support perk for the weight, HK23 M99 Flares and PipeBombs - lots fun. I kill the patty easy with a couple M99 headshots. Then my game was ruined when it showed me using the cbow instead of my M99 in the ending scene (where ur party sits around in 3rd person and everyone throws cash, lol). WHY IS THIS LIKE THAT?? I was really looking forward to seeing my guy with the M99.

Also, just a suggestion, but when a player crouches the bipod for the gun should go down. I't kinda makes no sense to me to have a bipod when it never gets used. But the gun is making my day over and over and over again. THIS IS SUCH GOOD WORK. I've yet to try it on hard, since i don't wanna work for 4k on hard or suicidal by myself, but this makes any normal game soo much fun. I killed soo many clots on normal with a headshot pierce (that little t-bone ally in westlondon = awesome lol)

Imma go back to my :IS2: now.

Upvote 0