• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] 2010: What game are you looking forward to?

2010: What game are you looking forward to?

• Total voters

Ralfst3r

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
The Netherlands
In 3 weeks 2009 ends, and that will also mean the ending of a pretty great gaming year. Games such as Killing Floor, Empire: Total War, Armed Assault II and Modern Warfare 2. Ofcourse this is a matter of taste, but I think it's safe to say this year had a little something for everyone.

Now, for 2010 what are you looking forward to the most? (PC Games)

Obviously I didn't include RO: Heroes of Stalingrad. Ppl looking forward to ROHOS on the ROHOS forums? No way!

Previous versions:

2008: What game are you looking forward to?
2009: What game are you looking forward to?

---

Game - European Releasedate (Subject to change)

Mass Effect - 29 JAN 2010
Napoleon: Total War - 26 FEB 2010
Brink - Q1 2010
R.U.S.E. - 5 FEB 2010
Bioshock 2 - 9 FEB 2010
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction - 26 FEB 2010
Max Payne 3 - 26 FEB 2010
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - 5 MAR 2010
Supreme Commander 2 - Q2 2010
Mafia II - TBA

Last edited:
can only pick one option??? gheyy!!1!

From that list:

Napoleon (pre-ordered already)
Mass Effect 2
Mafia 2

Out of that list:

Guild Wars 2(my main objective)
Assassin's creed 2 (PC)
Alien's Colonial Marines (If its not vapor-ware as someone said before in another thread)

NOT looking forward to (***** you Blizzard!):

Starcraft 2
Diablo 3

Looking forward to in 2015:

RO:HoS

Upvote 0
i tried mass effect and the first part was awesome. but then it was like, "OK, you can go to any of these 50 gajillion planets, and do missions that we pulled out of our arsch!" thats when i quit.

im hoping mass effect 2 will be more um, involved. i know just about every game has missions that are just thrown in there to fill space, but mass effect 1 left a really bad taste in my mouth.

ps: i voted bioshock 2!

Upvote 0
The only title I'm really looking forward to is new RO (Shocker right?)

Mass Effect - 29 JAN 2010 - Mass Effect one with more talking...?
Napoleon: Total War - 26 FEB 2010 - More TW. Yawn.
Brink - Q1 2010 - Wha? Yawn.
R.U.S.E. - 5 FEB 2010 - Some potential, but I'm not getting my hopes up
Bioshock 2 - 9 FEB 2010 - Yay, let's make the sequel to a game based entirely on SS2. Probably be just as shallow and pointless.
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction - 26 FEB 2010 - No.
Max Payne 3 - 26 FEB 2010 - Mebbe
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - 5 MAR 2010 - Mebbe
Supreme Commander 2 - Q2 2010 - No
Mafia II - TBA - Good story for sure, probably horrid combat system.

Who knows really? Maybe some dark horses waiting to surprise us with awesomes...

Upvote 0
Eh honestly I'm pretty 'meh' on any game franchise that might be releasing in 2010.. (Rojos goes w/o exception, again, assuming there's a 2010 release date).. I liked Mass Effect true, but I played it through right after playing KOTOR (1), so it was pretty much the same story, just updated gfx with name changes. (Bioware needs some new stories... seriously..)

Upvote 0
Well, ROHOS first... durr.

And I'm very much looking to Combat Mission: Normandy. That's definitely my #1 pick after ROHOS.

Other than that... BFBC2 looks very cool too but not sure if I'm going to have the money to upgrade my system to be able to run it decently at release. So I'll probably be playing it late 2010.

Also Ground Branch if it releases this year, though there's very little concrete info on it yet, so it remains to be seen whether it loves up to the R6 name.

And if Blizzard releases SC2 this next year I'll be getting that too.

And lastly, NATURAL SELECTION 2! Can't believe no one's mentioned it. It looks awesome. Same classic gameplay + sexier graphics and animations.

Last edited:
Upvote 0