• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ambient sounds on maps

Razvanss

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 5, 2011
Now really,the ambient sounds on map are really really bad.Maybe TWI will say this and that but on the real battles there was haos(real videos of ww2)and in HOS if you enter a server with 0 players it's like a grave..to little gun sounds here and there,remember....the battles didn't have 64 soldiers!!It's a thing that can be changed very easely by devs.And now the real critycs from all of you......but the problem is even on a full server it fill's the emptynes...

Last edited:
Reactions: NightriderAOF
Now really,the ambient sounds on map are really really bad.Maybe TWI will say this and that but on the real battles there was haos(real videos of ww2)and in HOS if you enter a server with 0 players it's like a grave..to little gun sounds here and there,remember....the battles didn't have 64 soldiers!!It's a thing that can be changed very easely by devs.And now the real critycs from all of you......but the problem is even on a full server it fill's the emptynes...

Uuh, what? The ambient sounds are amazing. Just go into an empty building and listen. Just because there isn't the staccato of battle in the distance doesn't mean the ambient sounds are bad.

Upvote 0
as far as I've noticed, the "ambient" sounds are actual game sounds other players generate, as said here before. and they sound DAMN good.

I played WWII Online (2001-2002), and I remember the game had the same mechanic. on big battles you would have heard serious battle ambient sounds and it was all generated by players.

Upvote 0