• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC not working.

I have an mis motherboard v-class, with a built in ethernet card.
I assume you also have an operating system and I assume you can tell us which one?
I further assume you mean "MSI motherboard v-class", and because I'm in my knitting-crane-assuming-stance here anyway I'm just going to also assume you have the exact model of this mysterious motherboard somewhere.
Because there seem to be quite a few "v-class" ones out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackLabel
Upvote 0
You really need to post more detailed specs.

If it's a new pc, is it a Brand name ? if so give the full name
Example Compaq presario + string of letters and numbers...

If it's a pre-built PC from a computer store, give us the specs that's on the invoice... most importantly is motherboard.

From there many of us can just post you the direct link to the network card driver.

Or
On the computer you use to post on TW

Google.com
CPUZ Download
Put in usb flash drive

Install on the computer, this will give you all the details of your system.

Best solution = calling a friend who is a little tek savy. All in all, if you fix it yourself you will learn a great deal.

Edit...
Wondering if it's trooling...
Did you just plug in the old harddrive on the new setup ? (that only works with similar chipsets... even then it's recommend to do a fresh install)

Did you reformat and reinstall ?

Something is fishy here... if one knows how to boot from CD and install Windows... one would know how to install Lan drivers... at least with the Motherboard cd... or know what he bought.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You could download CPUZ. It has a tab that shows at least the chipset for the motherboard, but usually shows more than that.

[url]http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/cpu-z/1.58-32bits-en.zip[/URL]

Here is mine as an example.

cpuz.jpg

Upvote 0
Luckily enough none of the pictures are showing up on their website.
Simple but to the point and containing every bit of information we require to solve this sub-problem! I LOVE IT!

I suppose you could have told us which browser you're using, as it is customary when you have problems with it, but I guess giving up information doesn't come easy to you. MI-6? Ex-KGB?

Luckily though, we've accidentally struck gold here and this marks the first post in this entire topic where, even though you gave us almost nothing, we can help you like THAT! *snaps-fingers*:)

I took the liberty of going there, grabbing the enlarged pictures of every motherboard in question and uploading them to my photobucket account. So here they are, hopefully viewable in your mysterybrowser:
Spoiler!

Have fun comparing!
:IS2:

Upvote 0