• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Annoying voices

Even More Exclusive Red Orchestra 2 Beta Footage - YouTube!

From this video you will notice that the PC says different things depending on the situation. The tank gameplay is especially annoying with the "Right" "YES SIR" "Stop" "Forward" "AYE" "YES SIR" "Forward" "WE NEED MORE REINFORCEMENTS" "YES SIR"...

I hope these voices can be disabled, at least in multiplayer.

PS: Also, will there be actual German, or Russian voice acting? Or is it all english?

to inform you guys, this is still the beta... the native language, are hidden in the game file, but not in use, they only gave us the most important option, in release its gonna be full content...

then el comandante... seriously, what in real life... the tank commander would yell to go forward as he like? he would actually yell " GO FORWARD" and driver would reply... that common sense, for god sake, if not happy with more realism, gtfo of this beta, or the game, as you all asked for more realism in the game, you have it now, and all you do is complaining about it, even those in tank communication, add more deep in the game play ( and btw i dont only aim at you about the complaining thing... you are not teh only one complaining here )

Upvote 0
to inform you guys, this is still the beta... the native language, are hidden in the game file, but not in use, they only gave us the most important option, in release its gonna be full content...

then el comandante... seriously, what in real life... the tank commander would yell to go forward as he like? he would actually yell " GO FORWARD" and driver would reply... that common sense, for god sake, if not happy with more realism, gtfo of this beta, or the game, as you all asked for more realism in the game, you have it now, and all you do is complaining about it, even those in tank communication, add more deep in the game play ( and btw i dont only aim at you about the complaining thing... you are not teh only one complaining here )

LOL, sorry for offending you, I'll gtfo asap.

I know it's realistic for the commander to communicate with the crewmen, but I think it gets tiresome once the lines start repeating.

"Left" "YES SIR" "Right" "LOADED" "YES SIR" "Forward" "AYE SI-" "Righ-" "LOADED" "AYE" "Left" "YES SIR"

come on...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've already posted in the suggestions thread,

there is WAY too much banter in this as it stands, and the default setting for players should be something much more restrictive so that everyone else does not need to deal with their need to communicate everything on their mind.

if a player decides they want to raise the quantity of what they say, so be it.. but the default NEEDS to be lowered

...and when your crewman say "Save your fuel" after driving all of 15 secondes after having been sitting for another 30.. it kinda breaks the immersiveness of the game

Upvote 0
I find myself all the time shouting to my crewmen "Shut the f*ck up already" :)
The voice acting is horribly annoying. Cheesy C-class movie lines with accented English is imo not a sign of a quality game (nor movie).

Seriously, has there been any topic saying how "awesome" the voice acting is?

Thankfully the voices can be changed to native in the future (or now with the tricks). Now if only the extra babble could be diminished as well...

Upvote 0
Even More Exclusive Red Orchestra 2 Beta Footage - YouTube!

From this video you will notice that the PC says different things depending on the situation. The tank gameplay is especially annoying with the "Right" "YES SIR" "Stop" "Forward" "AYE" "YES SIR" "Forward" "WE NEED MORE REINFORCEMENTS" "YES SIR"...

I hope these voices can be disabled, at least in multiplayer.

PS: Also, will there be actual German, or Russian voice acting? Or is it all english?
There is actual German/Russian voice acting you :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: not gonna say it...
But yes, there IS!!! German and Russian voice acting for the opposing team. And when the full game comes out there will be an option for BOTH teams to have native voices. AND! the voice acting is done by ACTUAL RUSSIANS AND GERMANS
Geez...read through the freaking forums before making this thread for the MILLIONTH FREAKING TIME:mad:
Yes, I very mad.
It's irritating to see the same 4 threads pop up every freaking day.

Upvote 0
I've already posted in the suggestions thread,

there is WAY too much banter in this as it stands, and the default setting for players should be something much more restrictive so that everyone else does not need to deal with their need to communicate everything on their mind.

if a player decides they want to raise the quantity of what they say, so be it.. but the default NEEDS to be lowered

...and when your crewman say "Save your fuel" after driving all of 15 secondes after having been sitting for another 30.. it kinda breaks the immersiveness of the game

How could you even suggest player-specific banter levels, knowing full well that means a shift in advantage? The more the enemy team says things, the easier they are to locate. Did you even think about it for a second?

And then saying "NEEDS" as if your opinion is divine fact?

Maybe somewhere in this chorus of screaming, some of us like the voices. I cannot fathom what is causing this cacophony of bawls and wails, the voices are fine, provide some damn fine immersion, and it's been said a million times you can change them to their native languages, if that's your problem.

If your problem is that they're there at all... that's extremely difficult to understand. Were you thinking war was an unvoiced event?

If your problem is that they get repetitive? Well, that's a valid complaint. Maybe TW could add more lines.

Upvote 0