• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game already ruined by cheaters

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's well known the anti cheat measures are ineffective.

The very fact cheats exist (that will circumvent any anti cheat measures, like they do with every game) means a severely compromised gaming experience for those of us who don't cheat.

The sentiment on the cheaters forums is basically 'wow, this game looks rly good! Can't wait to get the hack and make them rage, LOL!'.

Reactions: Mangley
Upvote 0
I won't post the video because I don't want to give anyone that'd be so inclined the name of anything that'd allow them to acquire any bots, but there's youtube videos.

Wallhacks, aimbots, free aim compensators.

VAC is terrible, punkbuster never picks up most cheats or is 2 weeks behind.

Is there anything the devs can do to stop this?
FYI, VAC is not horrible, it just doesn't insta ban, usually if someone hacks on a VAC server (unless there hacks are VERY good and or pricey) they will get banned in the next 1-2 days.

Upvote 0
Are you sure you didn't just get owned by good players?

How do you know these people were cheating? What proof have you got beyond them being better at the game than you?

You obviously don't know anything about VAC if you think it's so ineffective. But I don't even think VAC is turned on for the Beta.

Upvote 0
Are you sure you didn't just get owned by good players?

How do you know these people were cheating? What proof have you got beyond them being better at the game than you?

You obviously don't know anything about VAC if you think it's so ineffective. But I don't even think VAC is turned on for the Beta.

There are hacks I've seen the videos of them and its just stupid that people are sad enough to hack a ****ing beta. It even tells them if they are being aimed at so they can move.

Edit: Double post :<

Upvote 0
There are hacks I've seen the videos of them and its just stupid that people are sad enough to hack a ****ing beta. It even tells them if they are being aimed at so they can move.

Edit: Double post :<

Spotting an aimbot isn't hard its obvious to anyone if someone uses is, only a smart hacker would be hard to spot. Are you sure you're not getting owned by good players?

I think i had about 80 kills last night after TE apartments, and in one round on Countdown @ fallen fighters i probably popped 6 enemy soldiers within the first 20 sec. (uh yeh the countdown spawns need to be reworked)

Upvote 0
This is why we can't have nice things :<

When VAC and PunkBuster come online will I get a ban because I changed my sound files to the native language ones?

My TF2 is modded out the *** with custom files and I've never heard a peep out of VAC.

They can tell the difference between a skin tweaking the uniforms a bit and a program to snap your cursor to an enemy's head.

Upvote 0
I won't post the video because I don't want to give anyone that'd be so inclined the name of anything that'd allow them to acquire any bots, but there's youtube videos.

Wallhacks, aimbots, free aim compensators.

VAC is terrible, punkbuster never picks up most cheats or is 2 weeks behind.

Is there anything the devs can do to stop this?

VAC is horrible? Do you even know how anti cheat systems work?

VAC is "implemented" but VAC is not some kind of wizard that updates itself, codes itself and randomly adds offset to its detection range by "itself".

The beta has been out for what 3 days? VAC devs have to sit down and study each hack to find which offsets they use, then add them to the detection range of VAC itself for it to be detected. This takes TIME.

I saw the first report of a cheater yesterday, so hacks might have been functional for less then 24 hours. And you expect them to work 24 hours a day studying each hack and reversing it to find pointers and the offsets, give them a break and let them work ye?.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Spotting an aimbot isn't hard its obvious to anyone if someone uses is, only a smart hacker would be hard to spot. Are you sure you're not getting owned by good players?

I think i had about 80 kills last night after TE apartments, and in one round on Countdown @ fallen fighters i probably popped 6 enemy soldiers within the first 20 sec. (uh yeh the countdown spawns need to be reworked)

Just enter 'red orchestra aimbot' in Youtube and sort by UL date.
It's sad :mad:

Upvote 0
VAC and PB are both good, but people need to realise, they can't work alone, they need a server admin to work with them, a smart one at that, so to people new to server admining, do some research and learn how to use PB and VAC, as there are some decent commands that can help you easily catch a hacker, i think both have the option to screenshot everybody in the server screen and to upload to server.

Upvote 0
Why don't people read before they post?

I wasn't owned, I'm simply stating that there's cheats out there that will be released to the mass market soon.

If they aren't already, the devs need to jump all over this before it becomes a big problem.

Cheating ruined bad company (which wasnt the best anyway, but that just finished it), going to be quite disappointing if they ruin RO2 as well.

And any cheat coder with two braincells will get around VAC and PB quite easily.

It's also not the moron with 100 kills laughing at everyone that you need to worry about, it's the clever cheater who uses his bot sparingly.

Upvote 0
I think we need more threads like this, not many people are aware that games have hacks

/sarcasm :rolleyes:

Yeah, as if the cheating morons won't find it anyway, right?

People will surely see this thread and think 'woah, cheating? that's a good idea!'.

/sarcasm :rolleyes:

I'm making this thread since no one else has, and this is an issue that I'm sure the RO community will want to see addressed far more than anything else.

Upvote 0
This is beta, VAC nor Punkbuster are fully implemented as far as I know, so have a little patience

Don't post the video, it has been posted 10 times today, and we had to delete them all

Even if it is just a beta, wouldn't these be the sort of things that would be important to implement? A hacker filled beta will turn away quite a few potential customers.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.