• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Permanent Decals!

Ok so I realize this would really only be a luxury item but I had a few contemplations

1.Permenant bullet holes and either grenade scarring or craters... like say you set off a grenade in a grass area of the map...they could make a small crater there along with may've some burnt grass at the edges?

2. Foot prints...now this is something I really want and I have a few ideas of implementing cool features with it
Features:
a.Permenant foot prints on say dirt,mud, and snow areas..

b.foot print tracking...like say there's q mud area outside a building...you obviously are not going to have clean feet when you walk inside...now this would bea plus for realism. For instance...your chasing an enemy into a building...he ends up going into one of the many rooms of the buildings...using this footprint meathod you end up tracking him in one of the rooms.. now im not saying the whole time he's in the building he's tracking footsteps..the could limit it to like 20 footsteps and then it stops making those footprints on floor

C.Differentsteps...not every footstep is perfectly the same...I say they putdifferent foot step variations in. The game... like maybe one isn't so set into the ground...or one is spread out farther than the last and so on.

Another thing I would like to see is body decals...bullet holes and maybe even shrapnel decals..

One more thing is bleeding...I think it would be realistic and cool if they added that into the game too...say you got shot and died from a stomach wound...well simply blood would pool around that area.. they could even incorperate artireal spray but I think thatd be too much work .

And ONE last. Thing is the option for permenant bodies

Reactions: Frostedfire and 213
I like the idea of permenant bullet decal textures e.t.c but I cant help but think the reason for them disolving after a certain number is to increase the performance of the game. For example if a soldier walked around in a circle 500 times in the corner of the map, if they where permenant then players fighting accross the other side of the map would have to deal with the lag caused by those extra 500 footprint textures.

Now I may be wrong, the textures may not even cause that much of a performance issue but im sure there is a reason for this.

However having unlimited dead bodies would indeed cause performance issues for sure.

Sturm

Upvote 0
I like the idea of permenant bullet decal textures e.t.c but I cant help but think the reason for them disolving after a certain number is to increase the performance of the game. For example if a soldier walked around in a circle 500 times in the corner of the map, if they where permenant then players fighting accross the other side of the map would have to deal with the lag caused by those extra 500 footprint textures.

Now I may be wrong, the textures may not even cause that much of a performance issue but im sure there is a reason for this.

However having unlimited dead bodies would indeed cause performance issues for sure.

Sturm
all good corrections...so I.would say you should be able to have the option like you already do.to even have decals in the first place like in killing floor...but I understand the footprint thing...maybe they could make it. So they fade away after about 3 to 4 minutes?

Upvote 0