• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mkb42(H) recoil

Unus Offa Unus Nex

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 21, 2010
Been using the Mkb42(H) for a good number of hours ingame now, just to get a better feel for it, and I gotta say the recoil is infact abit too excessive compared to the real thing at the moment when firing full auto.

Now it's been a couple of years since I last had my hands on a real StG, but I can tell you for sure that it didn't have this much recoil. Even compared to the AK47, which in real life actually kicks more than an StG thanks to a heavier bolt, the ingame Mkb42 kicks back more.

Now it aint completely bad though, just needs to be toned down abit, esp. the sideways recoil which I have never experienced that bad with an StG before.

Just to show what I mean:
MP-44 Full Auto - YouTube

Anyway, just some constructive criticism :)

PS: Tone down the ingame availability of the weapon to two max pr. map as-well plz, 6 of these is a real immersion breaker for me personally :-/

Last edited:
Additionally, as has been pointed out before, these videos are completely irrelevant when itcomes down to com paring recoil:

1) While it may apper to be almost stationary during firing, that doesn't mean the sight picture doesn't jump. Seeing that the in game iron sight view is akin to a camera glued to the gun, even small movevemnts of the gun result in huge deviations of the sight picture.

2) different states of training, strength and fatigue all come into play aswell.

Upvote 0
Heavier so less stable? That makes no sense at all to me. When I kick against a light weight paper box, the box flies through the air. When I kick against a stone it will only move a few inches and hurts my foot as f*ck.

Can you explain your reasoning? I not sure I understand.

depends what part is heavyer, if the front side is heavyer you will need more force to kick it up yes, but also more force to force it down again when it's actually going up thanks to recoil, it's also harder to keep it steady cause of the weight your trying to hold up in the air.

Reactions: B1tch
Upvote 0
Been using the Mkb42(H) for a good number of hours ingame now, just to get a better feel for it, and I gotta say the recoil is infact abit too excessive compared to the real thing at the moment when firing full auto.

Now it's been a couple of years since I last had my hands on a real StG, but I can tell you for sure that it didn't have this much recoil. Even compared to the AK47, which in real life actually kicks more than an StG thanks to a heavier bolt, the ingame Mkb42 kicks back more.

Now it aint completely bad though, just needs to be toned down abit, esp. the sideways recoil which I have never experienced that bad with an StG before.

Just to show what I mean:
MP-44 Full Auto - YouTube

Anyway, just some constructive criticism :)

PS: Tone down the ingame availability of the weapon to two max pr. map as-well plz, 6 of these is a real immersion breaker for me personally :-/

watch some other videos ... the recoil of the MP44 is gigantic and because the weapon is so heavy, its very hard to control .... in the first video the weapon was controlled by a meatmountain with over 100 kg ...

Upvote 0
Both the MKb and Stg have a stock in line with the barrel axis, that reduces a lot the recoil, but they also have a chunky bolt and operative rod assembly, but compensates it with slow rate of fire.

The AK-47 shares the same quirk of heavy bolt and oprod, but also has a faster rate of fire, a hotter round and a angled stock, this translates in more recoil.

In game, the Mkb recoil is a little strong but manageable.

Reactions: B1tch
Upvote 0