• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why passing through team mates sucks.

Daily occurrence if you play a MG gunner.

Firing, teammate runs up from behind, passes, runs in front, bam.

Yeah, no kidding. Hiding from the enemy also makes it hard for your friends to spot you, and I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally obliterated the ankles of my comrades because they came up from behind me right as I started to shoot.

Upvote 0
Update to my sob story...

Just got session banned *again* because one of my teammates decided to climb out the window I was firing out of.

Seriously, TWI, this is a stupid mechanic. Either have players block other players or remove the auto-tk penalties and let admins/voters deal with griefers.

The current system is beyond stupid.

Upvote 0
You'll leave it more open and accessible to griefers though

Blocking griefers seemed to happen most often in Ostfront on custom maps, anyway, like Zhitomir and Bocklin, where buildings often only had one entry point. Many more entry/exit pathways in RO2 maps... Can't get around that fool in the doorway of the Technical School? Move over two yards and climb out the window. :IS2:

I think implementing collision would take a considerable amount of work just at a guess, but it would be worth implementing once bug squashing is complete and more pressing issues addressed...

Upvote 0