• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design How do you alter the gravity so that you stick to walls?

You can change the gravity for all axes independently. Positive values push you away, negative values suck you down (wherever "down" is going to be...). Unfortunately players are going to locked in an upright position so they won't run on walls or ceilings but their feet will always point down and the head will always point up. This is an engine restriction.

The only way to get this to work is code new ways of movement with their own animations or toy with some smokes and mirrors trickery involving WarpPortals. It's going to be very hard to get results with that that don't act weird in one way or another.:(

Upvote 0
Isnt it possible to use the 'spider'-code, i dont know if it's complete. but it works just fine with adminplus. Ive used it in KFmod 2.5 when i first tried adminplus. I cant check it now but i think there's a box in the physicsvolumes where you can change walk to swim or spider.

I cant confirm any of this facts other than that i know that there's some existing code somewhere to do this. But it isnt bugfree, like walking on highpoly SMs can cause major bugs which i dont remember. But clean walls should do fine.

Please correct me if im wrong on any point.
<3 Anemia

Upvote 0