• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Voting people in and out of classes.

Nicholas

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Maybe there should be a feature where everyone can vote someone out of a role, like if someone sucks at being a commander/sniper/tanker, they can be forced back to a riflemen or smg, and let a more skilled person take its place.

But then also, you people could vote someone INTO a class, like voting someone to be the commander or hero ETC.

I agree, also the squads the commander should be able to allow certain people in/out kick/allow people as long as another squad is open and full because clan people would like that ability so they can stratigize among themselves without having to deal with some guy they don't want to deal with. But then this would scare the casual gamer abit? The power to vote is awesome.

Upvote 0
Yes RO's voting system sucks. There should also be separate voting systems for kicking someone out of the server and out of a class.

I loved the original America's Army voting system back in the day. Someone would call a vote and it would pop up on everyone's screen (everyone on that team) and you just hit F5 or F6 to vote yes or no. Was simple, and perfect. Didn't require you to spam chat/VOIP over and over explaining how to do it lol.

L4D's system works fine as well.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
UsF - if a beginner wants to "try" one of the most important roles in his team, he can do it all day long....

...playing SINGLE player.

The worst thing about current RO is that if a noob gets a sniper on sniper-heavy map, or a SL on a map where good smoke/arty really makes a difference, then they ruin their teams effort and there's nothing anyone can do about it.
So - I'm all for the vote system. No more noobs getting 5 kills in a round playing sniper on maps like lenningrad.

Upvote 0
If a newb gets the sniper class in my suggestion, he might be sniper for a minute, before he dies and then the next person in the queue would get an opportunity to play that class. As I said in these threads, I really don't like joining a server and not having an opportunity to play one of different classes, always being a riflemen.

It also might apply to classes like semi automatic riflemen, smg or tank crew member.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If a newb gets the sniper class in my suggestion, he might be sniper for a minute, before he dies and then the next person in the queue would get an opportunity to play that class. As I said in these threads, I really don't like joining a server and not having an opportunity to play one of different classes, always being a riflemen.

It also might apply to classes like semi automatic riflemen, smg or tank crew member.

I know that HoS has a system where the higher experienced players get first pick, really the most advanced roles are platoon commander, sniper, and tank commander.

And people are starting to act like riflemen are some worthless cannon fodder, call me crazy, but I still want crack shots playing as riflemen.

This game is not about elitism, yes there are more advanced roles but in the end its the foot soldiers that kicks :IS2:.

Well that, and spawntillery :troll:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can see how that would work but i can also see how people would abuse it. If theres a clan in there server, they will keep voting people out of the spots that they want. For Example, G-mod. some of there Roll playing servers have the Voting out System, and it really does not work well. Di*k heads come in and just mess up the game to much.

Upvote 0
I wrote in another thread, that there should be a queue for each class. People that would live long in said class, would keep it longer, while people that die often, wouldn't.

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=619733#post619733[/URL]
and some later added explanation
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=622937#post622937[/URL]

I don't think voting is a good idea. It might give beginners not enough time to play the classes that they want to try.
Problem with that is it's not taking kills into effect. On the final cap in Leningrad for example (the bridge), if I happen to have sniper or pick it off a body... I know a great spot... usually get 10-15 kills but invariably get shot eventually by someone or the one of the German tanks... usually within 2-3 minutes of taking of position there. But within those 2-3 minutes I sell my life dearly ;).

Upvote 0

I like your idea. I think allowing people to queue for specific classes would be great. I rarely get to try some of the more sought after roles (like sniper) because it's always taken by other players.

Upvote 0