• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What is your most hated kind of player?

1. Trader blockers
2. People who keep asking for money after every wave
3. People who join suicidal games with level 0-3 perks, die every wave and when asked why are they playing suicidal instead of normal they say "Whats the difference?"
4. People who use exploits
5. People who shoot the decapped bloat just to have it explode on the rest of the team or on themselves
6. People who go medic but wont heal teammates
7. People who keep dying all the time and blame the rest of the team for it
8. People who try to steal the money you are attempting to give to a friend, by stepping in front of you
9. Players who "steal" other players kills just to get the highest amount of kills
10. People who think the kills tab is a direct indicator of a players skill
11. People who think killing crawlers is the berserkers job
12. People who rather heal themselves from 80 to 100 hp while a teammate near by is at 15hp
13. People who generally dont heal other players at any circumstances
14. Situations where you are the last one alive, die after a short while, and some idiot in your team goes mad and starts asking why didnt you do this and that and if I were you I would have done it this way. Yet, he was the one who died along with the rest of the team while you were still alive.
15. People who join games but go afk right after they join the server, making the waves harder. Once they come back they leave after noticing theyve died.
16. People who weld doors in front of other people, leaving them to die
17. People who refuse to play this game on a normal 6 man server and finds the 30 man ones instead
18. People who run a single map on their server 24/7 for other than testing purposes
19. People who think any damage on a fleshpound is good damage
20. People who keep voting on the same maps simply because they refuse to play a map which is a little darker and a little harder than the typical Defense_b2 they used to play.
21. People whos hobby seems to be finding something wrong on the other players playing style, and complaining about it in every situation.
22. People who go medic even tho there is already one medic in the team.
23. Kids

... And more, but I have to go to work now. I'll continue the list later if I rememeber :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
20. People who keep voting on the same maps simply because they refuse to play a map which is a little darker and a little harder than the typical Defense_b2 they used to play.
Omaigawd this. I see way too many Farm, Mountainpass, Westlondon maps going on in my server lists. 9/10 of the 13+ servers will be one of these three maps.

22. People who go medic even tho there is already one medic in the team.
Sometimes 2 Medics is a good idea. One Medic can only heal the team so fast; And it's not like the Medic can't shoot stuff.

Upvote 0
18. People who run a single map on their server 24/7 for other than testing purposes
... And more, but I have to go to work now. I'll continue the list later if I rememeber :rolleyes:

20, I will not play Wyre with pubbers. Nor Bedlam in multi, but it's fun in solo because you can't camp. MountainPass will not be played except for ****s 'n giggles.. Suburbia and Departed are on my 'never play, ever' list due to lag issues, which Wyre has to a lesser extent. Farm is simply boring. Oh, and Doom 2 more than once a week.

Pretty much every other map is fine with me. Is that so bad?

18, this, so much. It's the worst thing ever to play a long game on West London or something, then see it load AGAIN with no map vote. Nobody wants a 24/7 Hospital Horrors, Departed, etc server.

Upvote 0
There's a bit of hypocricy going on in this thread by some about how people hog kills and claim its a team game and people shouldn't do that.

If you're such a 'team player' why should you give a crap if you're top or bottom frag as long as you win the game?

Unless there is some mitigating circumstance, for example, maybe the guy isn't sharing out any money, or is playing like a noob i.e. obscuring everything with demo smoke etc, this isn't a legitimate reason to dislike a player.

People who take issue with this blindly just come across as people who are jealous because they aren't top frag, and want some kind of 'fair playing field' so they can shoot one or two zeds with their Scar before I m32 the lot of the buggers.

So for the record, yes I am a bloody frag hogger, there is nothing I love more than blowing the crap out of stacks of crawlers and clots. What must piss people off even more is that though I am excellent at frag hogging, I don't take excessive risks that compromise the rest of the team, and I am very much a team player who doesn't do stupid crap like rage FPs and Scrakes.

In fact, ironically because I judge my margins of risk so fine, it often amuses me because the frustrated zerker, commando or SS at the back who isn't getting any will try to rush ahead of me to kill something, and get himself wiped.

Now IMHO, that's more deserving of the title 'Utter Waste of Space'. If you don't have the patience to play something that requires you react when the situation calls for it, rather than obliterating everything in sight, then don't try. Instead become a frag hogger like myself :p

/rant

That said, the community in KF isn't half bad. I only ever meet annoying people once every few hours online. The ones that stick out as being super bleeping irritating are:

1. People who think its cool to use words like ******, ***, **** etc etc. Look kids, just because your parents aren't around to slap you one across the lip for being a total ****ing birth defect, doesn't mean you have to abuse the priveledge.

2. People who troll for no reason. I've intentionally raged scrakes and fps on complete morons who evidently have no idea what they're doing (Yes, I'm looking at you Mr 'I need some money on wave 2'.) But people who just weld random doors, body block the trader etc, ffs, I hope you fall down some stairs and get paralysed from the waist UP if that's even possible, because god forbid you get stuck in a wheelchair and end up having more time to pollute my pristine life.

3. Useless noobs. I don't mind helping out the garden variety kind, hell sometimes if I'm feeling generous I might switch over to whatever class they're playing and buy them a decent weapon. But I find I've become fairly proficient and distinguishing a case of Noobus Inexperiencus from terminal retardation caused by falling off the top of a Pinaceae Moronicus head first. Its tolerable if they die and leave. Its aggravating when they ask why I ran away from the raging fleshpound instead of trying to save them.

4. Oh, my pet peeve. People who give Demos and FBs a bad name. They are my two fave classes for frag hogging purposes, but having someone use them badly just makes me cringe. Waving that flamethrower around like its your penis and you just discovered masturbation does not a proficient flamebug make.

5. People who steal spare weapons or weapons I dropped because I was struck down by a severe case of fleshpound fist to the face. Or even worse, sell them. Sweet Jesus there's a good reason to have FF on if there was one. God doesn't frown on those who are merely taking back what's theirs, tell you what.

All that said, I'm a very nice chap in general, and look forward to having a game sometime with you blighters. Time for me to toddle off and gib some zeds. Tally ho.

Upvote 0
1. The idiots who think they're so smart. For example, I was playing Manor and ...
Me: Hey guys, let's get out of the house, it's a deathtrap.
Random CoD noob who thinks he's God's gift: trolololol imma stay here!
*Random CoD noob is eaten by a Gorefast*
Random CoD noob: trololololol nubz
*Random CoD noob had an aneurysm*

2. The idiots who look at you with only 5 hp ...... and heal themselves when they have 90. Always makes me wanna go on a shooting spree.

3. The morons who buy unrelated perk weapons. New guy joins in as a Demoman. I toss him 1K worth of dosh. Guess what he buys? A Flamethrower. Great. Simply splendid.

4. The dimwits who blame everything on everyone else.

*dimwit runs off on his own*
*dimwit had his ears busted by a Siren*
Dimwit: wtf u nubz nver heard of cover?
Tip = We were 90 miles away.

Upvote 0
Medics who only use their medic gun healing dart from a long distance away from the group, and/or only heal people when their health drops below 50.

really? why would you hate me? I personally prefer the lever action rifle, that is true. I suppose I still shoot the thing when I'm out of ammo, but I would still fall under your first category, as I save it for later and just use the darts usually. This is because A) I don't particularly like SMGs, B) I find the darts extremely useful C) The Medigun runs out of ammo fast, and if I'm out of ammo, how can I deal with that horde of crawlers instantly?
D)My personal variant is a very cheap weapon that hardly burndens the teams funds

Still hate me? ;) :p
(and btw, I don't fall in the second category, thankfully)

Upvote 0
Forgot one small thing.

SERVERS THAT DO NOT RUN ANTIBLOCK. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THAT.

IMO, there's no excuse for Antiblock not to be a default setting for the game. I'm dead serious. Even leaving the possibility of trader blocking open is just a terrible idea.

20, I will not play Wyre with pubbers. Nor Bedlam in multi, but it's fun in solo because you can't camp. MountainPass will not be played except for ****s 'n giggles.. Suburbia and Departed are on my 'never play, ever' list due to lag issues, which Wyre has to a lesser extent. Farm is simply boring. Oh, and Doom 2 more than once a week.

Pretty much every other map is fine with me. Is that so bad?

18, this, so much. It's the worst thing ever to play a long game on West London or something, then see it load AGAIN with no map vote. Nobody wants a 24/7 Hospital Horrors, Departed, etc server.

The quickest way to get me to leave a server is to switch to Farm or Mountainpass.

Reactions: Starsky and aesdana
Upvote 0
When I first started playing and I didn't know maps, people would say "Oh this is the best spot." and it inevitably would turn into the Ha Lai Massacre. (Fool me once...) Unless you know what you're talking about, please don't offer advice.

DEMO's ****ing everything up with too much smoke is my major piss off. I can't see a ****ing thing and the smoke combined with the Screamer's does not help at all.

People who forget this game is supposed to be fun.
People who ask players not to swear.
People who don't give money.
People who ask for money in round 2.
People who turn their noses up at Custom Maps.
People who criticize others for not playing Suicidal or HoE.
People who taunt relentlessly.
People who rage FP's and Scrakes with ****e guns.

and on and on and on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
5. People who steal spare weapons or weapons I dropped because I was struck down by a severe case of fleshpound fist to the face. Or even worse, sell them. Sweet Jesus there's a good reason to have FF on if there was one. God doesn't frown on those who are merely taking back what's theirs, tell you what.
Ah, that reminds me of two players I dislike.

If a player dies and they drop a weapon like a SCAR, I'll pick it up for them and hold it for them - Even if it means I have to drop one of my other weps, like the MP7 or LAR.
I say to them "Got your weapon <Name>" and then when they come to the trader, I drop it in front of them and,

1) They walk right past it, go to the shops and buy something
2) They walk right past it, go into the shops and ask for money
3) Someone else comes and picks it up and runs off to sell it, or use it.

I've had 1 and 2 happen to me so many times it's not funny.

Upvote 0