• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Kaukasus

Berliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!!!!!!

Bobdog is full of win. The classical Berlin map would definately fit in wih HoS, as it was a fictional urban layout, that you could port almost 1:1 from the mod by simply changeing he capzone names and exchanging the reichstag for another building. It was only it's back side anyway.

Other than that I agree with Kaukasus, even though it played better in the mod than in Ostfront, and ws in fact one of my favourite maps.

Another must have map which I thoroughly missed in Ostfront was Rostov, so somebody go make that one too.

Other maps to be remade should be the already mentioned Jucha, Warsaw and Spartakovka. Even though I do think there will be a Spartakovka map in HoS, as it was based on a tractor factory in Stalingrad IIRC. Won't sport the same layout though, I fear.

One map I am glad i have never seen again since Mod days is Donets. It was kind of the de_dust or Danzig of the mod days, as in it was the most played map with several 24h servers running it.

Upvote 0
Game title is "Heroes of Stalingrad"
You can't seriously be expecting non-Stalingrad content in this game unless it's a mod. :rolleyes:

I guess that most people in here know that. But some maps could certainly get a "danzig/appartments" treatment, taking the layout and gameplay and put it in a stalingrad setting.

For the others, there's always the option of having them made as custom maps.

Upvote 0
I have mixed feelings about Kaukasus.
It had great atmosphere in the early days, but then, the grenadespam came along and it turned into a mindless meatgrinder.

This, and the serious lack of size and flanking options on the map makes that I avoid the map on 40+ player servers.

This map was never made for a large amount of players. 36 tops.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I want to see Porechye again! I bet only a couple of people can remember that map.
Good old Porechye. The gameplay was alot like Basovka but wihout artillery and MORE MUDDY trenches (YES!!!!).

People would leave the server if Porechye was on though, charging trenchlines WW1 style is not everyone's cup of tea but its sure worthwhile when you succeed.

This, and Spartakovka.
These were the best mod-maps imho.

Upvote 0