• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Guess the ROHOS release date

I really want to believe that it will be sometime early this summer, but, I also just tell myself to not expect it until late this year or early next year.

You never know how long it will take, and evidently, they still have work to do. :(

Spring break is out the window by now, and Amazon has another arbitrary date of July 3 or 5th. I'm sure it's just another random guess for them.

Upvote 0
As they said, they will release when it's done.

Although they will try to attract some mainstream population to this game, they will not care much for the competition. The game stands out enough on it's own.

Also it doesn't matter if the 'mainstream gamer' finds out about the game in the fall of 2011 or in the spring of 2012. As long as they will eventually buy the game.

Release date is a bit overrated in my eyes, bought 90% of my games in sales or a few months after release.
When it is released next to CoD in the fall, it is not like a few months later the graphics will be outdated or anything

Upvote 0

Although they will try to attract some mainstream population to this game, they will not care much for the competition. The game stands out enough on it's own.

Also it doesn't matter if the 'mainstream gamer' finds out about the game in the fall of 2011 or in the spring of 2012. As long as they will eventually buy the game.

Release date is a bit overrated in my eyes, bought 90% of my games in sales or a few months after release.
When it is released next to CoD in the fall, it is not like a few months later the graphics will be outdated or anything

Your post is completely valid. I also personally take other factors into consideration when I ponder release dates.

TWI is a small company, which means they don't have an infinite amount of funding. This fact, coupled with the very basic realization that some games do go unfinished and forgotten. I can write a big long list, but some of the more recent and well known are Ghost and Duke Nukem Forever.

Of course, DN:F had been in development for quite some time longer than this game has, ghost as well.... but both games started out as short term projects (compared to development times now-a-days)

So, our speculation, and (hopefully) dull roar of release date is not totally invalid. We are just excited, and really hopeful that we get the game!

I can wait until it's complete, and I think everyone else can too. No one in their right mind want's it rushed.

Yet, perhaps I would rather have it with a few bugs, then not at all. :IS2:

Upvote 0

That might be, they'll still try to avoid the bigger launches as John mentioned. If you buy a game 24 months after launch you're not giving the developers much support.

Upvote 0
Igromania March issue says that the game will be released end 2011.
PM me if you want proof. ( i will be home not earlier than 18 GMT)

Seems fair but at the end of 2011 i will already be playing the best games anyway i dont think i will care when it comes out might buy it later.

Here is my line up so you know what i mean.

Total war shogun 2.
Deus ex human revolution.
Crysis 2.
Dawn of war retribution.
Dragon age 2.
Elder scrolls skyrim.
Home front.
ARMA II: Reinforcements
Duke Nukem Forever
Mount & Blade: With Fire And Sword
The Witcher 2
F.E.A.R. 3

And loads more !

Upvote 0
Seems fair but at the end of 2011 i will already be playing the best games anyway i dont think i will care when it comes out might buy it later.

Here is my line up so you know what i mean.

Total war shogun 2.
Deus ex human revolution.
Crysis 2.
Dawn of war retribution.
Dragon age 2.
Elder scrolls skyrim.
Home front.
ARMA II: Reinforcements
Duke Nukem Forever
Mount & Blade: With Fire And Sword
The Witcher 2
F.E.A.R. 3