• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

get rid of the kill count on the scoreboard

SkinZ187

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 16, 2011
there is no need to display everyones kill count on the scoreboard. the only thing that should be shown is your team points (which has kills added in). the screen that pops up after the match will show you how many kills you individually had that round. this will absolutely deter people from playing selfishly to try to get a really high kill count, because if noone else can see their kill count ....need i explain more?

this would fix alot of gameplay issues as far as people camping and not going for objectives and would put alot more focus and intensity into the 2 teams battling for each individual objective. people would actually play for the objectives because that would be the only way to make it to the upper part of the scoreboard.

it would also make it so that there wouldnt be much point in using aimbots and other such cheating devices in the game. after all, it isnt much fun for a hacker if everyone else playing cant see that they have 60 kills. nothing wrong with ruining the experience for aimbotters, is there?

the only thing showing kill count does, is promotes selfish gameplay, imo.

Last edited:
I would agree if I felt the game was actually trying to encourage teamwork. Since it's not, I say leave the deathmatch count up so everyone can deathmatch each other in the deathmatch for all the world to see.

yup...

no kill count would make the "deathmatch" style gameplay, irrelevant.... it would also go along way towards promoting teamwork.

Upvote 0
If you only show score than the riflemen and snipers suffer. Assault always does better on the score because ranged support don't always get into the point when it is captured even if they advance with the frontline.

WRONG

the rifleman and the sniper would still get exactly as many overall team points as they are now.... PERIOD.

your score as a sniper/rifleman would not change.

Upvote 0
While you at it get rid of k/d ratios one of the things that pisses me off are the people that refuse to try and cap control points because their k/d ratio might suffer. It's rampant in games like CoD. I have always been a proponent of not showing kills or deaths. Your individual score doesn't matter too me. What matter is if our team is winning or not.

Upvote 0
Has my vote, adding killscores influences RO's gameplay in a bad way, it's should not the the primary goal in TE, capping should be, but then again, you more then likely have to kill for it.:)

...killcount

Scorecount, like RO1. I liked it a lot, finally something different just like good old IL2.

Last edited:
Reactions: SQBsam
Upvote 0
Showing kills does indeed make no sense. If you don't show death (so players don't camp instead of charging objectives and fighting) why show kills? Showing kills encourages players to camp and ignore objectives, showing deaths encourages players to camp and ignore objectives, get rid of both and you accomplish the thing you were trying to do in the first place. At least do it for TE/CE.

Upvote 0
I don't feel strongly one way or the other, but I do think that if a server turns kill notification off, the scoreboard shouldn't show kills until the end of the round.

i dont mind the kill notification being on during battle....i would like the end of the round scoreboard to NOT show individual kills, but just to show your overall score...and thats it.

Upvote 0
Showing kills does indeed make no sense. If you don't show death (so players don't camp instead of charging objectives and fighting) why show kills? Showing kills encourages players to camp and ignore objectives, showing deaths encourages players to camp and ignore objectives, get rid of both and you accomplish the thing you were trying to do in the first place. At least do it for TE/CE.

^^^^ this is exactly my point

Upvote 0
While you at it get rid of k/d ratios one of the things that pisses me off are the people that refuse to try and cap control points because their k/d ratio might suffer. It's rampant in games like CoD. I have always been a proponent of not showing kills or deaths. Your individual score doesn't matter too me. What matter is if our team is winning or not.

This.

At least in realism servers. Pleeease?

Upvote 0
Yes! In Ro1 the blending of team and kill together meant that nobody was really fighting for the kills, resupplies were "worth" five kills so people worked as a team instead of lone-wolfing for the kills.

We need more encouragement to stay with SLs and MGs and at the moment, nobody cares about "team points", only the kills.
Blend the two together please.

Upvote 0
If you only show score than the riflemen and snipers suffer. Assault always does better on the score because ranged support don't always get into the point when it is captured even if they advance with the frontline.

This could be easily compensated for awarding snipers more teampoints for kills from bigger distances, sniping commanders, squadleaders and enemy snipers. The things they are supposed to do.

Upvote 0