• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I Feel sorry for the people who play Russians

After playing a fairly large amount of games, I have to say the more experienced players seem to flock to the German side more often than not. Which is annoying, because I'm mainly playing Russian right now to unlock stuff and level up my character. Guess I just have more to boast about when I get Most valuable in all three categories at the end of the round, even though we lost. :IS2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
After playing a fairly large amount of games, I have to say the more experienced players seem to flock to the German side more often than not. Which is annoying, because I'm mainly playing Russian right now to unlock stuff and level up my character. Guess I just have more to boast about when I get Most valuable in all three categories at the end of the round, even though we lost. :IS2:
The most players are from europe or usa?
I think they like the german side more then the russian side.

Upvote 0
I don't really have a favourite side, I just tend to join the side that's down a player or two. The first couple nights I played, I always found myself joining the Germans. Last night it was the Russians. I'm not sure if there's any consistency as to which side is more popular, at least not yet.

But I did occasionally feel useless playing as a Russian rifleman when most of the Germans had automatic weapons. Just made me play much more carefully.

Upvote 0
i just off playing
i had to stop, kept gettin stuck playing the Russians
played fall hero's
Played Russian tanker , 1 shot kill almost every time i pull out of the spawn
When not getting one shot killed by the German tank , 3 or 4 shot killed by German AT
I thought i play Russian AT , sounds good right
but the German tanks spawn at the far end of the map
you can hardly see them
so i need to get close but the Russian spawn sit so you have to run out in front of the German tanks then run all most the 200m to even get close
When and if you get close you fire and fire but nothing till you run out of ammo
But wait you say
You shooting him in the front
Well
Iam sitting in my Russian tank in a Allie with inf in front of me with no way for the German AT to Flank
taking 3 or 4 rounds from a German AT guy all way across the map
and he blows up the Russian tank every-time
but wait you say
How you know he was that far away
i had Russian INF in front and 2 building on both sides
Russia cap zone behind me
Please LET ME PLAY ON THE GERMANS SIDE AGAIN
ILL BE A GOOD BOY

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is absolutely ridiculous. I like playing both sides and I never get to play as Axis because everyone stacks it, I always choose side that needs more people. The Axis have the advantage on pretty much every map. And now we have a dumb unrealistic prototype weapon in the hands of half the Axis team that fires faster than the MP40 and has range compared to a bolt. It's really ridiculous....Can't stand it.

Upvote 0
i just off playing
i had to stop, kept gettin stuck playing the Russians
played fall hero's
Played Russian tanker , 1 shot kill almost every time i pull out of the spawn
When not getting one shot killed by the German tank , 3 or 4 shot killed by German AT
I thought i play Russian AT , sounds good right
but the German tanks spawn at the far end of the map
you can hardly see them
so i need to get close but the Russian spawn sit so you have to run out in front of the German tanks then run all most the 200m to even get close
When and if you get close you fire and fire but nothing till you run out of ammo
But wait you say
You shooting him in the front
Well
Iam sitting in my Russian tank in a Allie with inf in front of me with no way for the German AT to Flank
taking 3 or 4 rounds from a German AT guy all way across the map
and he blows up the Russian tank every-time
but wait you say
How you know he was that far away
i had Russian INF in front and 2 building on both sides
Russia cap zone behind me
Please LET ME PLAY ON THE GERMANS SIDE AGAIN
ILL BE A GOOD BOY

If you can't beat em, join em.

See ya in my sights.

Upvote 0
Soviet arms are capable, they are just not as easy to master as most German arms. On the off-chance that I'm playing Axis I'm looting the first PPSh I see. While it can not compete with the MP40 for ammo conservation it can still perform nearly the same at medium distance and in my opinion outperform it in room-to-room fighting. This game really comes down to player skill and reaction times in the end, I never fight fair and only engage unsuspecting targets. That is how I survive and help the Soviets win with supposedly inferior gear.

Upvote 0