• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Extremely worried.

tescoemployee

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 23, 2011
I love this game, I've played 17 hours so far according to steam however I am extremely worried about the state it will be in at launch.

The only map I could play has been apartments because the other 2 just crashed for me before I could finish games. I just tried to play both grain elevator and barracks and both crashed when walking out in the open.

I've dumped most of these crash reports and my machine is so far a head of the recommended specs it's ridiculous.

I just can't see how they will get these working in a week.

I don't have serious problems myself, somethimes a crash but that doesn't bother me.

This is what's referred to as "a problem(tm)" :) While it's nice that you can get along with it, crash problems aren't really a good thing at launch time.

I've only played a few hours, and I've had several crashes on the browser screen, although the odd stuttering there seems to have been fixed with last update. It isn't the end of the world, but they could certainly do with fixing those before the game ships. Crashes create a bad first impression unfortunately, and it will be well-publicised if it gets in the way of play for high numbers of people.

Upvote 0
Since we have been beta testing over the last month the game has come on leaps and bounds

There may only be 1 week left but what these guys achieve in a week is tremendous (i don't think they sleep)

Just have a little patience and faith

We are playing the game at the end of the day, yes there are bugs but this team care about the community and i will deal with any flaws with patience until they fix them because of that.

This game has a great future so try to look passed next week ;)

Upvote 0
This is what's referred to as "a problem(tm)" :) While it's nice that you can get along with it, crash problems aren't really a good thing at launch time.

I've only played a few hours, and I've had several crashes on the browser screen, although the odd stuttering there seems to have been fixed with last update. It isn't the end of the world, but they could certainly do with fixing those before the game ships. Crashes create a bad first impression unfortunately, and it will be well-publicised if it gets in the way of play for high numbers of people.

The most important thing for me is that I have a good time with this game overall so even with a crash it doesn't get in the way enjoying this game.

Sure crashes, especially crashes that occur when this game gets reviewed is a bad thing overall of course yes but since the title of this thread is: extremely worried'' I had a feeling of; ''letting some steam out..''.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sure crashes, especially crashes that occur when this game gets reviewed is a bad thing overall of course yes but since the title of this thread is: extremely worried'' I had a feeling of; ''letting some steam out..''.

Fair play :) I agree to be honest, and the crashes didn't stop me playing - although Deus Ex has managed enough of that :) heh. I just hope they're gone by launch, so RO2 can get maximum positive exposure out there. I get the feeling the game will bring lots of new fans to the world of realism FPS, and it'd be nice if some of them stay :)

Upvote 0
Reactions: F3-St4rt3r
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Personally i wouldnt mind delaying the release for one more week. *please dont flame me* i feel it would give TWI relief from the enormous amount of pressure that they are under, and just that extra bit of time to polish this brilliant game off. But saying that if they do release it on the date given hats off to them, theyve proven themselves some of the most hardworking devs in the gaming industry in my eyes just by releasing fixes as quick as they have been.

Upvote 0
I love this game, I've played 17 hours so far according to steam however I am extremely worried about the state it will be in at launch.

The only map I could play has been apartments because the other 2 just crashed for me before I could finish games. I just tried to play both grain elevator and barracks and both crashed when walking out in the open.

I've dumped most of these crash reports and my machine is so far a head of the recommended specs it's ridiculous.

I just can't see how they will get these working in a week.

Agree.

Upvote 0
While they did delay the game to "polish" it up, it is pretty clear that there is more than polish needed. Keep in mind the game was to be released 5 days ago. But also keep in mind, that TWI made a gutsky and now obvious smart call by delaying it. Also, the beta has been out for what, 3-4 days? And they're working like mad men killing bugs left and right.

Also keep in mind that many crashes could be related to only 1 problem. Fix that 1 problem, and the game could be a ton more stable. I have absolute faith in TWI thus far, let's give them some faith their determination and hard work. Believe me, if it's anyone that wants this game to work well, it's the developers. They have a huge following right now and they don't want to screw that up.

My game has crashed 5 times since the beta but I just load it back up and take notes.

I just wish people weren't so damn critical in game about stuff and say silly things like "beta is a bad excuse this is an alpha". Blantant ignorance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0