• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

tired, sick yet quite responsible

rta

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 16, 2006
earth
www.nodozetactical.com
i'm a 40 year old grown man who stays up too late playing red orchestra 2. my head hurts, i feel like throwing up, and im exhausted. but i'm responsible ya know, i won't call in to work or neglect my chores. nah, would never do that...over some video game...

seriously though, i haven't had this much fun gaming since allied assault and vanilla call of duty "back in the day." bugs and hiccups will get patched away, or we'll figure out how to get by them. but really, this is good, really good.

thanks tripwire. See ya tonight! ;)

*leaves to get one more 5 minute nap before hitting the morning rush...*

I too stayed up late playing RO2, Ok I went to bed at 1:30AM, but when you have a 1 year old daughter that gets up at 6AM it doesn't leve much time for sleep :(.

I have to say, on the PC I havn't had this much fun since playing COD1 and COD:UO, I really think this game will revitalise the PC competitive gaming community, Tripwuire have done something different they've stuck to the old way of doing things, proper dedicated servers & proper mod support and proper server side settings, it's a game clans and players are getting hold of and saying "yes!, yes this can work!"

Upvote 0
I'm an 42 old idiot. And advice you to do some work outs
as all this gaming will make you lazy :D

Just installed and played RO HOS. Did not have the beta.
Install and such went well. Have played an hour now. Did some map
changes without any problems. Gameplay feels familiar to RO Ostfront so it did
not take long to get used and get my first kill(s) I'm still a PPSH whore.
Blindfire the PPSH will be my favorite this autumn....

Had one crash at the very start in the serverbrowser. Don't what caused it.

Upvote 0
i'm a 40 year old grown man who stays up too late playing red orchestra 2. my head hurts, i feel like throwing up, and im exhausted. but i'm responsible ya know, i won't call in to work or neglect my chores. nah, would never do that...over some video game...

seriously though, i haven't had this much fun gaming since allied assault and vanilla call of duty "back in the day." bugs and hiccups will get patched away, or we'll figure out how to get by them. but really, this is good, really good.

thanks tripwire. See ya tonight! ;)

*leaves to get one more 5 minute nap before hitting the morning rush...*

Know how you feel rta! :) It's good to see some fellow coffin dodgers (I'm 52:eek:) ;) really enjoying RO2 as well. I'm also spending most of the day comatose because of too many late nights with RO2.

Looking forward to some patchwork to make it all a bit more "fluid" but having fun all the same.

cheers. SP.

Reactions: Kirq
Upvote 0

I'm 43 years old, and everything you said applies to me too. ;) The game is already great, and because it's from Tripwire I know that not only will any problems be fixed, but we'll be enjoying it for years to come with patches, updates, and additional maps from both Tripwire and the community, and eventually full mods along the lines of what we had with Darkest Hour in RO1.

Upvote 0
I too stayed up late playing RO2, Ok I went to bed at 1:30AM, but when you have a 1 year old daughter that gets up at 6AM it doesn't leve much time for sleep :(.

I have to say, on the PC I havn't had this much fun since playing COD1 and COD:UO, I really think this game will revitalise the PC competitive gaming community, Tripwuire have done something different they've stuck to the old way of doing things, proper dedicated servers & proper mod support and proper server side settings, it's a game clans and players are getting hold of and saying "yes!, yes this can work!"

I hear thee :) 3 year old boy, 5:12 this morning after a midnight session on the last of the beta.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
38 here and stated up till 3:30 AM and got up at half past 6. FUN, FUN, FUN. Still a couple of hiccups that they need to take care of (a couple of BSOD last night, which only last happened at the very beginning of the open beta), but I'm still having a blast.

The last time I played that late at night was the original COD and the operation barbarosa mod...

See ya out there in the game...

Upvote 0
I too stayed up late playing RO2, Ok I went to bed at 1:30AM, but when you have a 1 year old daughter that gets up at 6AM it doesn't leve much time for sleep

LMAO man i feel for you, same here... I actually did the exact same thing last night, stayed up til like 1AM and my almost 2 yr old daughter gets up (if im lucky) at 6 am screaming... BAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! LOL

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm an 42 old idiot. And advice you to do some work outs
as all this gaming will make you lazy :D

Agree 100% Drecks. Usually I like to run and do Crossfit, but these past couple of weeks have made me damn lazy. Kinda ironic that I'm pretending to be a top notch, fit soldier in the game, and am letting myself get lazy in the real world in the process.

Upvote 0
I love how competetive we all are, we even have to get 1 up on how early our kids wake up ;).

I'm waiting for someone to say 4AM, and yes monday monring she was up at 4:30am :D

284237_10150337092223223_655498222_9353159_657643_n.jpg

here's a pic of me showing the RO2 beta to my daughter the other day, my wife wasn't very amused, I told her it wasn't 'that' bad, just as an Axis gets gibbed by an arty strike, woops

Reactions: Mafiozo
Upvote 0