• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Regarding performance

also, like to say sorry to ramm, and anyone that felt like i had attacked him and his company yesterday. that was hardly the intent, but i was a bit more angry yesterday with the situation, and after the first patch, i've gotten a decent performance boost. so, keep sending in logs and perfdumps so these guys can get to working out your issues, and thanks for listening to us TW, even when we yell and scream.

Upvote 0
In all of our testing internally the the game was running great on a wide range of hardware (for example, I have a five year old AMD FX-60 dual core with an 8800 sitting next to me that runs the game at a solid 50 frames per second).

Wait what?

Granted internal testing with handfuls of people isn't quite the same as going full-blown on 64-man Pavlov's House games, that seems a bit odd.

My PC is only a few steps above that and it absolutely struggles to stay around 30 fps.

Upvote 0
Guys this is my system and i have no fps problems...

Your getting 30-40 FPS, that must be awful.

The unreal engine is built to work on all computers smoothly. Just look at mirrors edge, that was an unreal engine game, it looked amazing and large maps, it ran great. I'm not seeing how TWI is having so many problems with the unreal engine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Your getting 30-40 FPS, that must be awful.

The unreal engine is built to work on all computers smoothly. Just look at mirrors edge, that was an unreal engine game, it looked amazing and large maps, it ran great. I'm not seeing how TWI is having so many problems with the unreal engine.

Yea I haven't been buying that either. I've had every single Unreal Tournament game ever run perfectly on this exact computer and that was BEFORE I got the Nvidia 460 GTX and 2GB more RAM. Up until this game, I've never heard of anyone having issues with the Unreal engine before.

Upvote 0
Every time I think I've come to terms with the wretched performance in this game, I die because my game slumps to 10 fps and I miss some incredibly easy shot because of it. Sometimes I have to pick rifles simply because the automatics are uncontrollable due to performance.

With the performance, the balance and the bugs, I don't think I've ever had a game make me want to smash my head into a wall as often as this one. I keep on playing because its new but I swear to god, its 75% frustration and 25% enjoyment.

Upvote 0