• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Who are the Heroes?

Z008MJ

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
Referring to the title, i wonder about how the game looks at the different sides of the war?

Mainly, are only a certain side able to be these heroes, or do the developers mean all of the soldiers that fought and died?

Will, for example, the Germans be considered just as much of the winners because of their brave struggle against overwhelming odds, fighting to the death for an ideal they did not even believe in, or will the Russians be the true heroes because they won the battle and ultimately the war?

Will, for example, the game glorify those who lived, died or treat both equally?

Last edited:
heroes can be used by both the Russians and the Germans (hero vs hero battles, anyone?), however there is an additional insinuation that all the soldiers, even the ones not called "heroes", were heroes. From what I've seen, there will be no "good" or "evil" side, as you are playing as the soldiers thrust into a brutal war, making it more personal and less about the goverments which put these men to war.

Hope that answered your question.

Upvote 0
"War is old man talking and young men dying." - Odysseus (Troy)

If RO was CoD of course the Russians were the only heroes as in the CoD universe a German/Germans must never be good. It's not this vile "We have white T-shirts and never did bad things"-CoD style. RO is different, it tells the stories of simple men, often young men whose youth was destroyed and taken away. Many of them simply fought for a free Germany like my ancestors.

Yes, both Germans and Russians will feature heroes, just use the search function, you should easily get good info on this issue as there are plenty of threads about it. :)

Upvote 0
Heroes are the individuals who were taken from their civilian jobs and families and thrust into epic battles of attrition, had to endure unimaginable hardships and suffering, and fought against all odds, some were good, some were bad, but they are all equal now in the end.

What about the men who enlisted to fight for their Mother/Father-land?

As much as I despise Germans I still give respect to some who fell in the war.

Upvote 0
Who are the Heroes?

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
heroes can be used by both the Russians and the Germans (hero vs hero battles, anyone?), however there is an additional insinuation that all the soldiers, even the ones not called "heroes", were heroes. From what I've seen, there will be no "good" or "evil" side, as you are playing as the soldiers thrust into a brutal war, making it more personal and less about the goverments which put these men to war.

Hope that answered your question.

Nice:)

Upvote 0
A little observation - maybe this image would be a good reference as to what a hero on the German side might look like:

index.jpg

I'm sure TW's research has seen it though, would be cool if they actually modeled an ingame hero after this guy. :)

Edit: Another cool graphical feature would be to roll up his sleeves. However, I fear that might make him OP. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A little observation - maybe this image would be a good reference as to what a hero on the German side might look like:

index.jpg

I'm sure TW's research has seen it though, would be cool if they actually modeled an ingame hero after this guy. :)

Edit: Another cool graphical feature would be to roll up his sleeves. However, I fear that might make him OP. :p

Judging by the creases on his sleeve, he obviously had them rolled up prior to the picture...

Probably didn't want to look too badass. :IS2:

Upvote 0

index.jpg

But he doesn't have an MKB 42!

Upvote 0