• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

dual Desert Eagles is bad idea

I remarked on this in the other deagle thread. Read it.

I still think it's slightly unrealistic, but I know very little about guns. Regardless, it looks like it's in the game, it make sense (the original problems of the HC were slow fire rate and low ammo) to include this because it improves the HC in late game, and it definitely will not ruin the game.

Upvote 0
** gets out from under bridge **

you cannot handle the recoil of the desert eagle and its un-realistic. it will ruin game. :(

lol...

Games that are made after realistic you know what those are? not best sellers and they are boring! this aint a simulation game and what chance are it you find a flamethrow at moderntime also? right?

they might even add some "scientist" badass weapon to the game but will be expensive as HELL! and have some "disadvantages"

But still ITS A GAME NOT i modern warfare combat simulation, its everyday you run shooting waves of inc failed experiements right? also its realistic that you dont just take a car and drive away instead of fighting them?

exactly! :)

Upvote 0
I'm not sweating double Desert Eagles, I'm just hoping Tripwire does them right. As in: Nothing crazy unrealistic, like guns operating incorrectly and things like that.

As long as the gun looks and performs like it does in real life then we're cool. It's a zombie (specimen!) game after all and it's gonna have some outlandish stuff in it like dual wielding some Deagles.

Upvote 0
Games that are made after realistic you know what those are? not best sellers and they are boring!

WUt??? Blasphemie!!!!
read around on the RO boards and then post your apologies before you will be tarred and feathered ;)

But still ITS A GAME NOT i modern warfare combat simulation, its everyday you run shooting waves of inc failed experiements right?
I moderate these boards everyday, that's almost the same as fighting off hordes of failed experiments :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Games that are made after realistic you know what those are? not best sellers and they are boring!

Are you insane? Don't talk out of your *** like that. Have you ever fired a gun before? Games that are unrealistic can easily become stupid, as the guns feel like toys and it ruins immersion cause you know it could never ever happen in real life. RO is a huge top seller and is highly realistic. So don't be a dumb***.

Upvote 0
Are you insane? Don't talk out of your *** like that. Have you ever fired a gun before? Games that are unrealistic can easily become stupid, as the guns feel like toys and it ruins immersion cause you know it could never ever happen in real life. RO is a huge top seller and is highly realistic. So don't be a dumb***.

Did i say we should add unreal tournament weapons and nuclear strike launchers to blow the whole map? no i did not.

And handling 2 desert eagle is possible especially if you are strong and hold them correct.

The clip below shows it of a slightly ordinary man. Imagine of a well trained guy. also the stans he holds and how how holds the deagles is also plain wrong.

RO realistic? simulation game? YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN ME?
you havnt played a realtime simulation game have you? its NOT fun.

anway with your insults i dunno if its any use talk to you since you just gives out hate in your post.

anyway dual deagles well done, dual Miniguns?`well not fun and ruins it. understand what im talking about now? :)

Upvote 0
I think dual deagles should of been a perk thing. :p

And yeah maybe they're .357. It doesn't say AFAIK. In the mod they where just "handcannon"

I believe in the mod they were .50AE. When you retrieved ammo from the ground, it stated the caliber and such. For example, I remember the Bullpup running on JHP ammo (not sure of the caliber), and the Winchester running on .308. The 9mm obviously ran on 9mm ammunition.

The only weapons without caliber delineations were the Flamethrower (Canisters), Xbow (Bolts), LAW (Rockets), and Shotguns (which ran on Shotgun Shells or Hunting Shells respectively).

Upvote 0
5.56mm for the Bullpup, iirc.

@realism debate:
Just because you can fire two deagles at once doesn't mean you get any advantage of that. It's not like it just doubles your rate of fire and how much lead you can throw out before you have to reload - like it is in most games.

If people complain about it being unrealistic they aren't saying that it's impossible for a trained human being to hold and fire two deagles at once (we have two hands, afterall, and it's not like the gun would send you flying backwards...). They are saying that the way it is implemented in a game is unrealistic in 100% of the cases (up to now). If it weren't there would be no incentive to use the two pistols at once because you would be better off using one until it's empty and then using the other one until it's empty.
Artificial features like "decreased accuracy" or other role-playing-game-like nonsense is fine and dandy (and it's better with it than without) but it's not realistic! IF dual wielding deagles were implemented in a game in a way that is almost realistic, no one would use them except for goofing around (which, incidentally, is exactly what happens in real-life...).

How much you want to suspend your disbelieve for a game is totally up to you. I for one, am happy for the unexpected boost in badassery that KF brings to the table in this case, but if you think different that's up to you and no amount of logical evidence will change anything about that either way. Neither ballistic properties straight from wikipedia nor videos of some nitwit on youtube.

Upvote 0