• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A List you don't want to end up on

BTW to those saying steam does not ban whole accounts, they have and they will.

Few years ago they banned 10,000 accounts in one day. Mostly all people they had observed cheating in CSS. They have a different methodology with cheaters though, they let the cheats come out, they let all the cheaters get em, record the list of all the cheaters ( not just the early adopters ) and then ban them all later. It sucks for us the gamer, but it means that the maximum damage is done to the cheats ( by waiting they cannot inform eachother of a cheat being discovered ). I prefer this PBBan style as immediate punishment is much more effective when compared to delayed punishment.

edit:

does PB still do any kind of MAC address bans? ( AKA hardware bans )

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What I would like to know is why, if their game ID numbers are known, they haven't had their entire Steam accounts closed? Why are they still able to play RO2 on servers without PB? Why are they still able to play on Steam at all?!

THIS!

absoulutly agree. Take the game from them no refund. put it in the end user agreement that cheating automatically forfeits you the right of owning the game.

It is really the only proper way.

Upvote 0

Few years ago they banned 10,000 accounts in one day. Mostly all people they had observed cheating in CSS. They have a different methodology with cheaters though, they let the cheats come out, they let all the cheaters get em, record the list of all the cheaters ( not just the early adopters ) and then ban them all later. It sucks for us the gamer, but it means that the maximum damage is done to the cheats ( by waiting they cannot inform eachother of a cheat being discovered ). I prefer this PBBan style as immediate punishment is much more effective when compared to delayed punishment.

edit:

it is not cs its red orchestra and they will not ban the other games that dont use the same engine :rolleyes: how many times do i need to say that.

so more than likely only red orc 2 will be banned on there steam account and there other games will be fine

so they will just register another steam account and hack again . most theyll lose is price of a key or nothing if subscribed to a cheat site for paid hacks as theyll get another red orc for nothing for being caught. most cheat sites do this now because of the fee they pay monthly to keep you there.

this is why pb and so on need to wake up and get with the times and do something more upto date or better quicker.

if you banned for hacking you shouldnt be allowed to go on again even with a new key or game that would killalot of sites like the paid ones.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

edit:

does PB still do any kind of MAC address bans? ( AKA hardware bans )

VAC only bans them from the engine, e.g: if you get caught cheating in CSS you will only be banned from source games, afaik they never ban whole accounts just cus of cheating, they only do that to ppl that break the EULA, and yea, while i understand why VAC bans are delayed i rly dislike it, it means cheaters can cheat all they want for weeks/months until they finally get banned, thats why in my opinion VAC is pretty much useless

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I haven't seen a lot of blatant cheating yet. Occasional, but rare. Last night I was playing on a server that had the death cam on. I got shot by some guy who was in a building. I was outside. He shot me through a brick wall on a side of the building with no window. Amazing he knew I was there. It was even more amazing that I noticed when I was watching others from my team that they got shot by the same guy through a wall, and they were spread out.

Upvote 0
I haven't seen a lot of blatant cheating yet. Occasional, but rare. Last night I was playing on a server that had the death cam on. I got shot by some guy who was in a building. I was outside. He shot me through a brick wall on a side of the building with no window. Amazing he knew I was there. It was even more amazing that I noticed when I was watching others from my team that they got shot by the same guy through a wall, and they were spread out.

+1

I was on a server today where I was killed by the same bolt action rifle several times whilst inside a building and through a brick wall. There was no way anyone outside could have known exactly where I was standing without some kind of cheat being used.

Upvote 0
Was on the [Brothers] server last night and some ar$ehole racked up 87 kills in 10 mins. Ruined a good server since the Brothers clearly are not streaming,
Remember:

Reporting Suspected Cheaters

How do I report a suspected cheater in a VAC secure game?

To report a cheater:

1. Go to the user's Steam Community profile
  2. Use the "Report Violation" button in the top right of the page
  3. Select "Suspected Cheater", add a description (include the game and the name of the cheat if known), and hit "Submit"

To reach a user's Steam Community profile while in-game:

1. Press shift+tab (by default) to bring up the Steam Overlay
  2. In the Friends panel on the left, click "View Players"
  3. Find the offending player under the appropriate tab and click "Profile"

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1010-TOKN-8461[url]https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1010-TOKN-8461[/URL]

Upvote 0
gentlemen

while PBBans & Vac are not perfect, we do our jobs to the best of our abilities, we're always playing catch up with the newest cheats that are released.

It's like a cat and mouse game with us and the cheat developers, but we keep developing and refining our methods and one day hopefully we can all play cheat free and put me out of a job..

see you on the Battlefield

Indian..

Upvote 0
Most experienced groups with servers have been preparing for the inevitable "asshattery" plague that follows a popular release. Fooling around with this particular sim will paint you in a corner fast. Don't imagine for a moment kids, that server admins aren't following this behavior with an open straight-razor. Some of you will shortly be entertaining yourselves on the sidewalk with jacks and a rubber ball.

Upvote 0
Psychology is one of my main interests in life. Most likely, people who use aimbots and the like are motivated by either of the following (in no particular order)

1. To express aggression to others. It ruins others games and this may give pleasure (think bullies being sadistic in watching their victim tormented).

2. Power. Over others. Can do what the others cannot. Can ruin their game if they want. Kill them through a wall. A bit like a virtual person with supernatural powers. "You use cheap tactics on me? MKb42 harlot?! I'll teach you a lesson, you skank".

3. Prestige (social status) that comes with being seen as a person with such supreme skills. Narcissistic type - even though it is totally phoney and not something they earned, they may believe that they are awesome enough to have properly earned the glory that such super skills would imply. Most people aren't able to do this, since they can't cheat themselves that easily. Many gamers, especially competitive ones, are deeply impressed by, admire and envy highly skilled gamers. Hell, I remember the buzz around the number one player in Company of Heroes. That guy had (genuinely) genius abilities regarding Real Time Strategy games. And people treated him like some kind of movie star.

4. Cynical, paranoid types may assume that everyone else already does the same thing, (or would if they knew how). They see such things as acceptable behaviour as "everyone can do it". You may have come across people expressing the opinion that using exploits in the maps and bugs of the game is perfectly fine because anyone can use it equally. Same line of thinking.

Prisons are full of people who fit the psychological profile you listed. And they are all INNOCENT I tell you! Innocent! Just sayin...

Upvote 0