• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No Co-op, but will there be bots?

these statements worry me

There is bots in multiplayer, and they are actually pretty good. And yeah it's pretty fun to load up a server with human players on one team and AI on the other in Firefight and battle it out with the AI.

I know in RO1 there was a "Practice" option where you could load up any multiplayer map and fill it with a configurable number of bots (in addition to whatever mutators you desired), not unlike singleplayer in the Unreal Tournament series.

Originally Posted by Yoshiro
Yes, practice mode is available.

Erm no, practice mode is not available...

isnt practice mode just offline bot match with bots on both sides?

Upvote 0
Yes, practice mode is available.

Erm no, practice mode is not available...

:confused:

I dont know if you'd be able to answer the question, but I was inherently curious about it. What exactly is the current issue with coop that requires it to be delayed?

Im just a bit confused that the bots work for MP, but not the Practice Mode and Coop, whats the difference there that caused one to require more work?

Reactions: Killyouall
Upvote 0
Have a quick one. What about tank crew? Can some of mates can be replaced with bot to have complete team?

cheErs

Yes. When there aren't enough human players in a tank, bots will fill the remaining roles (i.e. if you're driving and there are no other humans around, a bot will fill in the gunner/commander role, and another bot will fill in the hull MG role, although you will ultimately have command of them).

Upvote 0
So there's no offline 'skirmish/practice' mode (basically just MP but with bots)?

Cant say but i know there are different modes in MP where you can just fill the game with AI instead of players you just go to LAN and switch over to offline mode on your own network re name the server to whatever you like then you fill it up with bots.

Before you jump into a game i would think you would have these options like what guns to fight with or maybe how many AI players you would like etc :IS2:.

So i guess even without a practice mode it will not matter because you can train your skills properly with better bots on your own offline server.

Sounds awesome doesent it ;).

Upvote 0
I apologize for my confusion, but this is a rather important part of the game to me, as I am almost entirely forced to keep Steam in offline mode.

So there will be no practice mode, but we will be able to create our own offline servers for LAN and single-player games (outside of the campaign)? And these offline multiplayer matches can be populated with bots?

If this could be officially clarified that would be great. I'm looking forward to the campaign, but it is nice to be able to just hop right into a given map and take on some bots - especially for people like myself who are limited to offline play.

Upvote 0