• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

M14: The elephant in the room

They need to like put like a laser scope on there like scar but with like a good zoom for it.

You mean red dot sight; specifically Aimpoint.

So you're thinking something like a high zoom ACOG then?

ACOG%206x48%20Red%20Chevron%20.308%20w%20TA75.jpg

Upvote 0
Switch the classes for the Scar and the m14. Let comms deal with the ****ty sights. Missing the head won't get the comm killed as it's damage is consistent throughout the mag.

I don't care if Sharpshooters are b!tching because of the M14, but if you're trying to involve Commandos in this crap,
you better be aware that I'll be the first to create a counter-thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@ Initial post:

I agree with basicly everything you say.

Add a scope and buff body damage (might wanna reduce headshot damage if necessary) to 1-bodyshot-kill Crawlers.

The Scope just makes so much sense, so there should not even be a discussion wether it should be added or not. It just should :D

About the Crawler bodyshot: What most poster in this thread seem to fail to understand: ONLY 1-BODYSHOT FOR CRAWLERS! Clots, Stalkers and everything up should not be 1-bodyshot by the M14. JUST CRAWLERS. I think it would be a just reasonable facelift of the weapons as you can't bend bullets to hit the head on Crawlers if they are not facing you.
And well, yes, while it basicly does the Commando job in an easier way (You have double ammo with SCAR but "double damage" with the M14), you guys have to consider that if you also MISS one M14 shot, you have basicly missed 2 Scar-shots. I don't see the problem of this tiny buff. (Imo, the SCAR should also one-shot Crawlers though :rolleyes: Add a SCAR damage WEAKNESS to Crawlers perhaps, rather than boost the SCAR's damage?)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well, seeing the AA12 is also weaker than the shotty, but has an insane fire-rate/clip size (compared to the shotty). the M14 isn't that different ... the accuracy and glitchy laser sight are the real problem.

seeing the support and SS share a DMG p Tier system
commando and berserker share theirs
medic has non at all
firebug is .... a DOT dealer
and demo is pretty much the same as berserk/commando with a little support/SS

(that didn't make sense at all did it)

anyhow... fix the laser/accuracy/scope and it'll be fine

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't care if Sharpshooters are b!tching because of the M14, but if you're trying to involve Commandos in this crap,
you better be aware that I'll be the first to create a counter-thread.

A counter-thread? Dude this is a internet forum about a video game, lighten up:p. Personally I would love to do away with perks all together and simply have weapon functionality decide how to best utilize it. 90% of the thread activity here would become pointless without perks. M14 sucks? You don't have to use because it's not married to a perk.. Want to carry a axe and a shotgun? Ok! No perks, no problems.

On a side note anyone here interested in a perkless campaign on hard for fun?

Upvote 0
well, seeing the AA12 is also weaker than the shotty, but has an insane fire-rate/clip size (compared to the shotty). the M14 isn't that different ... the accuracy and glitchy laser sight are the real problem.

seeing the support and SS share a DMG p Tier system
commando and berserker share theirs
medic has non at all
firebug is .... a DOT dealer
and demo is pretty much the same as berserk/commando with a little support/SS

(that didn't make sense at all did it)

anyhow... fix the laser/accuracy/scope and it'll be fine
Very nicely summarized. I don't think there anything else to say. You won't get super massive damage from single shot of tier3 weapons, but you get bigger dms overall and even bigger dps if used wisely and according to perk. I think this forums are full of spoiled with CS's AWP sniper rifle kids. Expensive doesn't mean insta kill.

Upvote 0
I'm against 1-bodyshot Crawlers, for the simple fact that the M14 has more rounds in a mag, and fires quicker then the LAR or HC. Having Crawlers take 2 shots gives the Sharpshooter a weakness towards crowds of them, which is good in my opinion. I think the Sharpshooter should be weaker then the other classes in dealing with crowds of basic Zeds, and it's fitting that this weakness should be most glaring in the most basic Zed of all (HP and commonality-wise).

Reactions: sverek
Upvote 0
I'm against 1-bodyshot Crawlers, for the simple fact that the M14 has more rounds in a mag, and fires quicker then the LAR or HC. Having Crawlers take 2 shots gives the Sharpshooter a weakness towards crowds of them, which is good in my opinion. I think the Sharpshooter should be weaker then the other classes in dealing with crowds of basic Zeds, and it's fitting that this weakness should be most glaring in the most basic Zed of all (HP and commonality-wise).

im pretty sure a dual HC/pistol would take care of this "weakness"

Upvote 0

Lever Action Rifle does it, actually.

But right now, if you're using LAR/M14, the M14 sucks so hard on the bigger stuff/long-range shots, that you have to conserve your LAR rounds.

If the M14 didn't suck so hard, it wouldn't be so bad to use the M14 as your long-range weapon, and the LAR for Crawlers/Scrake Stuns only.

Upvote 0
Both of which have a smaller magazine, number of rounds, and much longer reloads. They have the power to 1-shot, but still aren't efficient at killing crawler-clouds as well as other perks.

But right now, if you're using LAR/M14, the M14 sucks so hard on the bigger stuff/long-range shots, that you have to conserve your LAR rounds.

If the M14 didn't suck so hard, it wouldn't be so bad to use the M14 as your long-range weapon, and the LAR for Crawlers/Scrake Stuns only.

And the LAR only has 80 rounds max, which need to be conserved for Scrakes, Husks, and Sirens usually.

Upvote 0

Yeah, I'm of the opinion that just a very slight buff on the head shot multiplier would do it. And maybe increase the size/brightness of the laser. If just those two things were done, it would be a better more reliable weapon worthy of being teir 3, they could even reduce the magazine count by one or two more to make up for the extra head shot damage.

Upvote 0