Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS Modifications > Level Design

Old 04-06-2014, 07:18 AM

The problem with that is people recommending things that they have no idea how long it takes to implement or optimize and that amount of time is nowhere near worth it considering I doubt this map will even be played. I was just seeing if anyone had ideas for little features to add to the map before it got released this month. If by some miracle it's gets hosted by a lot of servers then I can add expansion to it.

Last edited by PsychoPigeon; 04-06-2014 at 07:26 AM.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:24 AM

Fair enough. I'm looking forward to this reworked version of FF either way.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:34 AM

I would like to have it now but i have to wait...dam...dam...dam...
Looks very promising.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:24 PM

nice idea could work on other maps too ^^.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:41 PM

Good lord. That looks great!
Old 04-10-2014, 10:25 PM

This looks awesome, but I would prefer if it were an attack/defence map. I'm not very fond of attack/attack maps.

That idea of merging it with Univermag is pretty great as well. It's similar to something I suggested a while back: a super map that merged Station and Univermag, extending the latter a bit more, covering the entirety of the square with the last cap being the technical school. This would be the Axis attacking, so it should be summer. It's not that hard, just extend Univermag. The problem is that the file size would be huge.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:47 AM

Yea and not only that but I already spent hours making the area near the Volga. Any suggestions for the already made map?

What do you think of this layout? I'm trying to get the square some use so it's not all 'let's avoid the actual main feature of the map'. Replace E with D? Or have C+D active at the same which unlocks E then after that's capped it's a full on charge to surround the univermag or vice versa and have the Germans push the Soviets back towards the Volga and have A as the last objective
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 111.jpg (73.6 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by PsychoPigeon; 04-11-2014 at 08:52 AM.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoPigeon View Post
Yea and not only that but I already spent hours making the area near the Volga. Any suggestions for the already made map?
I think you should add all of the historically correct plumbing. It will really add to the immersion.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:58 AM

I would like more sewer fighting if possible.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:56 PM

Here's my $.02, take it for what it's worth.

C&D unlock together, all the other caps are single. I'm trying to simulate Allied pushing towards the Unimag and having to control the square to do it and Axis holding them back and last standing it in F. I'm a noob with spawn placement and such though, so keep that in mind.

The spawns are indicated by what cap is the objective atm, Allied A is for A cap, etc.

My thoughts are it's a straightforward grind until C&D are unlocked with an additional B spawn opening for Axis in the sewers of the park. Once C&D are open, the park will become more important by providing line of fire to restrict the enemy movement towards the caps. Keep the caps in the front of the buildings and it will keep entering from the park side a valid tactic.

Once C&D fall, Allies get a sewer spawn for E in the park, once E goes, since they control the entire park, they get another on the south end and Axis enters Siege mode for F.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FF_111 copy.jpg (61.2 KB, 48 views)
Old 04-12-2014, 04:25 AM

Does anyone else get a little feel of the Leningrad RO:Ost map from those screen shots? I absolutely love it. The expanded area and narrow approaches of those Soviet Caps will really make this map a lot more playable / fun. Great work Psycho.

Support Custom Maps and Mods
Old 04-21-2014, 06:15 PM

@PsychoPigeon The first thought that came to me while looking at the map overview and the screenshots was, "This is what Fallen Fighters should have been!" I agree with you that the exclusion of tanks will allow for freer, and more interesting, usage of infantry transport.

I do have a few thoughts regarding objective layout. Considering the work you've done on the square, I do think you should keep the square directly in play over multiple objective spaces as you do in the map overview in the OP. What follows is one possible arrangement of a few objectives (assume same Allies/Axis setup, same and/or similar spawn points, and the same spaces for Objectives A-C and F as in your OP map overview):

These four objectives will all be neutral at round start. For Allies to advance to D, they need to possess both E+F; vice versa: Axis need to take E+F before they can advance to G. For this interplay E+F will both be open when Allies hold G and Axis hold D. With this layout some buildings come directly into play while allowing the square to remain relevant, encouraging players to move along the breadth of the map at its middle.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:16 PM

I decided to make it an attack defend map, using Lugnut's layout so the Soviets take objectives on the outskirts of the square while the Germans have to cross the square and surround them, I spent a few days making the objective that's after the Technical School. I ended up playing Call of Duty 2 single player and the last Soviet mission is to defend the square from Germans attacking width ways with half tracks, giving a glimpse of what it might be like and it looked awesome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 111.jpg (86.6 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by PsychoPigeon; 04-21-2014 at 10:17 PM.