• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sharpshooter has been nerfed beyond belief...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I just played the new Santa map (normal difficulty, just for fun) and decided to go with my trusty Sharpshooter perk (level 6).

I. Got. My. ***. Handed. To. Me.

The Sharpshooter perk has been nerfed beyond belief, it's crazy. The handcannons have a massive recoil, all pistols no longer have a reload speed bonus and the fire rate of the M14 has gone down massively. I tried playing another round on Biohazard (hard difficulty) and I couldn't even get past the fifth round. What the **** have you done, TWI?

So, I just played the new Santa map (normal difficulty, just for fun) and decided to go with my trusty Sharpshooter perk (level 6).

The Sharpshooter perk has been nerfed beyond belief, it's crazy. The handcannons have a massive recoil, all pistols no longer have a reload speed bonus and the fire rate of the M14 has gone down massively. I tried playing another round on Biohazard (hard difficulty) and I couldn't even get past the fifth round. What the **** have you done, TWI?

Sharpshooter is still brutal. Slow down and aim, and time your reloads. With the overpowered insta reloads gone, let the commando do his job now. It wasn't nerfed, just balanced. Put back where it was supposed to be.

I stopped playing the sharp when the M14 came out. It got boringly easy. I played it a few times in beta testing(the changes that are in the main game now) and it was fun and skillful again. No longer can you blindly spray into a crowd with handcannons or a 9mm and expect to accomplish anything. The sharp should be taking slow, careful headshots.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sharpshooter is still brutal. Slow down and aim, and time your reloads. With the overpowered insta reloads gone, let the commando do his job now. It wasn't nerfed, just balanced. Put back where it was supposed to be.

Judging by his choice of weapons, he seems to have forgotten sharpshooter means aiming at the head. Though it is funny how a level 6 SS can't 1 shot a 5 man fleshpound on normal with the crossbow's head shot damage halved.

Upvote 0
Judging by his choice of weapons, he seems to have forgotten sharpshooter means aiming at the head. Though it is funny how a level 6 SS can't 1 shot a 5 man fleshpound on normal with the crossbow's head shot damage halved.

Whait whu???

No single shot headcap on NORMAL?

*sigh* We lose sight of our goal here. The goal is to have FUN. Popping the head off something in a single shot is fun. If I want **** all hard ...and I do... I'll go to a higher difficulty.

If they are bumping up the difficulty to avoid things becoming too easy (and therefore NOT fun) yet end up taking out the fun itself then the balance has failed.

Upvote 0

I most certainly do aim for the head, but due to the massive recoil on the hand cannons I'm having a hard time doing it. Perhaps I'm too much used to the lack of recoil. Anyway, I'll agree on SS being OP, but now I feel almost powerless.

Upvote 0
Whait whu???

No single shot headcap on NORMAL?

*sigh* We lose sight of our goal here. The goal is to have FUN. Popping the head off something in a single shot is fun. If I want **** all hard ...and I do... I'll go to a higher difficulty.

How do you think that makes things for the other perks? Less fun, now Commando actually has a job on non-Suicidal difficulties: Saving your hide from trash zeds that you can't handle without your bodyshot and pistol bonuses. And you shouldn't be able to handle them with Sharpshooter's BS 9mm. STOP WHINING about a perk that's now largely balanced, Sharpshooter was NEVER MEANT to do everything, like he could in 1014. He's SUPPOSE to be poor at crowd-control.

ARRRRRGGGGGG- *Breaks a LAR in half and storms off*

Last edited:
Reactions: smilin
Upvote 0
I most certainly do aim for the head, but due to the massive recoil on the hand cannons I'm having a hard time doing it. Perhaps I'm too much used to the lack of recoil. Anyway, I'll agree on SS being OP, but now I feel almost powerless.

I don't know if you've ever seen of fired a Desert Eagle before, but the recoil is incredibly massive IRL, so don't be surprised in-game.:IS2:

Upvote 0

Expecting anything less than knock-your-teeth-out recoil from a Desert Eagle is silly. Sharpshooter is still a beast; play as Commando with one and watch a Fleshpound's health bar. Xbow still does a significant amount of damage, it just can't one-shot everything anymore.

Upvote 0
I just played on suicidal and HoE with a sharpshooter. I was still busting heads like crazy with the 9mm. I used an xbow and lever action, depending on which one, I did fairly well with both. I haven't played sharp regularly in awhile, but I think I might, now that it is balanced. It is actually fun now, and not boring as hell. It is going to still be a massively brutal perk with the right teamwork.

I did notice that the santa map lags like crazy though, as in FPS drop. I can normally play on highest graphics, had to drop to medium for that map.

Upvote 0
I just played and it's like a new game again. We actually needed OTHER classes, not just a spamload of sharpies to urinate down lead on everything. That and I must say I've gotten a bit rusty with the way we have been spoiled with all of this easy playing over the last while.

Went straight into a HOE difficulty server on santas lair, got a good team of level 6 people going, but we kept wiping at level 6 when all the icemen came out in force. Cant stun lock em with zerks, and you cant really pop heads of easily as a sharpy. Twas made harder because we had a bloody firebug who would light the scrakes on fire so you couldent see ****. I've never realised how annoying a firebug who tries to kill EVERYTHING can be...:D

I will be able to say better later, but for now it feels like TWI hit the nail on the head and managed to get a good ballance going with this patch. No one class feels very very very OP anymore...

Oh and I should add that HOE feels easier in some ways then old SUI did, its possibly because the zeds dont seem to spawn on top of you anymore, but spawn close so you have no rest at all.

Upvote 0

You obviously weren't aiming for the head, you bought the M14 and tried to body shot your way through.

You failed. It's your lack of skill that caused this failure. Don't try and blame the perk.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.