• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Colored Names...

Also, directly adding SteamIDs has proven problematic in the past, at least, where I've been.

I used to belong to an RnL Realism Unit (6th Airborne Division) and while RnL was in Alpha, we didn't have any problems, our names in RnL would be changed in the settings menu. But once RnL hit Beta, our SteamID was used, and it was mandatory for all members to have the username "*rank**name*[6th AB]". Some people didn't want to change their ID's every time we had a Training and then switch back afterwards. The only solution was a console command in RnL that you'd have to enter every time you started the game up.

It would be nice if it would be possible to have the SteamID as default, but then allow people to add their desired RO name as well...

Upvote 0
Also, directly adding SteamIDs has proven problematic in the past, at least, where I've been.

I used to belong to an RnL Realism Unit (6th Airborne Division) and while RnL was in Alpha, we didn't have any problems, our names in RnL would be changed in the settings menu. But once RnL hit Beta, our SteamID was used, and it was mandatory for all members to have the username "*rank**name*[6th AB]". Some people didn't want to change their ID's every time we had a Training and then switch back afterwards. The only solution was a console command in RnL that you'd have to enter every time you started the game up.

It would be nice if it would be possible to have the SteamID as default, but then allow people to add their desired RO name as well...
Yeah I don't like having to use my Steam name much either.

Upvote 0