• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What in HOS are you most worried about?

I must say that the only thing i am really worried about must the be the level of realism.

We all know kids do enjoy action, But how about us older who really did play RO in the first place was because of the giant level of realism.

And yeah were very worried about things such as forced runnin with your gun down. Like every soldier ran like that i mean like COME ON! Make it variable and not ****in forced to run in the same way.. Get serius with this project...:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Where is the railgun and AWP crown when you need it? :O

btw, will it be possible to lock people out of tanks in Combined Arms maps? To me that would just feel wrong. If you want to tank without "random pubs"? get some friends or play on the tank-map.

It would be nice though if there was a way for people to get their friends into the few tank crewmen slots. If let's say 2 friends get 3 of the slots, and their 3rd friend wants the last slot, he should get it and not some "random dude" imo. Maybe I have misinterpreted anything, to be hoenst I have litteraly no idea how tanking will work on CA maps.

Upvote 0
There's already a ready up system confirmed in for Countdown mode; Ramm-Jaeger promised to look into implementing it (in all modes as an option) for clans, but I don't have the source for that handy.

Its in in the roladder interview and I believe one of the crosshairs talks. The information that countdown used ready up by default was released a few months before the roladder interview I believe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • performance issues (almost every game in the last few years have had problems where the game was almost unplayable at launch).
  • lack of support for competitions/clan wars (need a /record, ready up, spectator mode, etc. TWI has been good about these in the past but lately a lot of companies have been dropping these in their games) I would feel better if they were confirmed by TWI that they will have them in.
Isnt it so that if you can run UT3 well, you can run RO:HOS fine?

Upvote 0
I'm concerned that we won't get to play with the restricted weapon systems as often as we'd like.

Is the weapon limit and assignment system even needed? Players should be free to use whatever weapon they deem necessary. Sniper rifles being the only exception.

The soldier models in the early shots are too geriatric now that you mention it :troll:, but I suppose that's changed?

Then it would be like EVERY PERSON IS A RIFLEMEN or EVERYONE HAS AN SMG. You have to defend a place? THEN EVERY SWITHC TO LMG!

Reactions: SS-Kommando
Upvote 0
1. MKB42

There is no proof of this weapon being in Stalingrad, until tripwire show us the picture showing showing us that it was i won't believe them.

2. The heroes/rank system.

I have always hated these in games, ro's current system is fine.

3. lack of variety in uniforms.

This probably wont be such a big problem in this one, But ostfront was lacking in this department, there was no late war german or russian models (german troops didnt widely wear jackboots late war, ankle boots were more common) and no waffen ss uniforms, the mod version of ro had a great variety of uniforms.

Greatcoats for both german and soviet sides would be good, on summer maps some german troops could also wear zeltbahn smocks.

4. Recon plane

In my opinion this appears on the battlefield too fast, and reminds me too much of the crap in call of duty.

Upvote 0
1. :troll:MKB42:troll:

There is no proof of this weapon being in Stalingrad, until tripwire show us the picture showing showing us that it was i won't believe them.
Fixed, if you could live with 3. then I think you would love a game called RO1.

1. Fine with me
2. Fine with me
3.based on the amount of faces and knowing guns will change. I think it

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Overal their isn't much im worried about for HOS.

Somethings i hope may be fixxed from RO:OST is that if you haven't got the fastest computer you've got a chance to be a sniper, MG, or assualt trooper.

More overal intrested about the Heroes and the ranking that will be introduce into the game. Till it is out shall continue to play KF & RO.

Chris

Upvote 0
On the Steam Group picture for RO2 there is a German soldier with a MBK42 fyi..

This isn't necessarily proof the gun will be in-game, but there is a pic of it none-the-less.

I am worried about the recon plane as well. In the demo of it, it was only able to spot people it had line of sight on. Also, the way spotting works is cool too. So hopefully it wont be anything like CoD

Upvote 0
Im more concerned of how us, "RO vets" with experince in RO are going to have to come to terms with the ultra-'noobs' from such titles as Call of Duty, Medal of Honor and Halo running and gunning, yelling how hard and rubbish the game is, hogging VOIP and completely disregarding objectives in favour of kills and personal score.

Sturm

Sadly you get them everywere. As long as they help and listern it doesn't matter at all. But can see being tked by them to get the 'better' weapons sadly, or them rage quiting.

Reactions: SS-Kommando
Upvote 0
Im more concerned of how us, "RO vets" with experince in RO are going to have to come to terms with the ultra-'noobs' from such titles as Call of Duty, Medal of Honor and Halo running and gunning, yelling how hard and rubbish the game is, hogging VOIP and completely disregarding objectives in favour of kills and personal score.

Sturm

As long as tripwire keeps the scoreboard of how it is in ostfront then people going for kills rather then objectives wouldn't be a problem as the guy who goes for the objectives is going to be near the top of the board then the guy who has the most kills, even if someone focuses more on kills then will be near the bottom, which would pretty much force them to give MGs ammo and take objectives if they want to get near the top.

That would work 100% as I came from Battlefield and CoD a while ago and since i had the effects of wanting to be at the top of the scoreboard when i first started, I always went out of my way to re supply an MG and try to take caps, then it eventually grows on you until it becomes the standard thing to do.

Upvote 0