• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Seriously Folks - RO2 is not COD

Spank_thru101

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 8, 2011
We all have opinions regarding the game, some of you have some that are a bit stronger (for lack of a better word). I have my own regarding TWI and their AA-stance/reasoning. What I am getting at, is feel free to express yourself here and elsewhere - if you hate game, ok, if you love it, great - but for the love of God, please, please, please stop calling it a COD clone. It has popped up a few times here, but it is rampant on other forums - "RO2 HAS BECOME COD". That can't be farther from the truth. RO2 still has more in common with Arma and RO1 than it does with BF let alone COD...find a few more inventive adjectives and pronouns to sling.

The thing that gets me is the influx of CoD-lovin' whiners who play RO2 for two minutes before finding it too hard and shouting their mouths off with in-game chat or here on the forum. Not forgetting the onslaught of CoD feature related rants, because they expect the same sort of set-up in RO2.

It's OK though, I understand TW's need to go more mainstream this time because ultimately it gives me more rectums to pierce with my bayonet.

Upvote 0
for the love of God, please, please, please stop calling it a COD clone. It has popped up a few times here, but it is rampant on other forums - "RO2 HAS BECOME COD".

I have never heard of this COD CLONE business.
Until you decided to make this topic out of it.
Why give weight to this by making it a topic?

Also...telling people what to think and not compare with RO2 is a bit silly.

Upvote 0
Ro 2 will never be cod, we won't see those annoying kids for long.
Let the server catch up a couple minor fixes and I will be even more enjoying the game.

There is nothing wrong it, it just needs a bit of a clean up.
and I don't care about reviews cus even monopoly sucks becaus it is not like cod :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
tbh the artillery and rambos make it feel like cod to me. it is pretty much no different. instead of kill streaks you just get an iwin button on a 3min cd. it was ownage in classic, but nowhere near as much as it is now, cramming everyone into tiny objective areas, some places its not really effective most of the time its just right next to the spawn.

i usually just wait for it to end then respawn.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldslowguy
Upvote 0
I think general perception of COD has become "Arcadish" and it is true for COD2, COD WAW and others.

HOWEVER, let's not forget COD (original) and COD United Offensive, these were both not exactly "arcadish".

And let's face it, COD UO was the best/most complete WW2 game ever created. Although I was hoping RO2 would top it, so far (I only played RO2 for 6 hours or so) I don't think that's the case.

I like both games (RO and original COD), but UO is still the king of WW2 FPS if you ask me.

I do think RO2 comes close. I think it just needs more weapons (Bazooka type), more variety of tanks, some jeeps......88s would be really cool and most importantly, consistency between maps. I was kind of disappointed that not all maps had tanks and arty etc.

COD UO> RO2 IMO

Upvote 0
I think people are mixing recent COD releases with original. Yes COD2 = arcadish HOWEVER COD/COD UO were great games and are in a different ballpark.

I've played original RO (before it was even sold\and after) and have been playing RO2 and IMO COD UO is still the king of WW2 shooters. UO brings the most complete WW2 experience IMO.

RO2 comes a bit short on few ends. Maps/features are inconsistent. Only few tank maps, no variety of tanks, lack of Bazooka type weapons and other vehicles/weapons (Jeeps, Armored vehicles and even 88s).

It also uses a very buggy engine with subpar graphics (for 2011 anyways). Graphics is something I can get over, but buggy/unstable engine is a big one.

In general Gameplay is pretty good, I enjoy it but I cannot say this game tops COD UO. Sorry

So when you guys say, RO2 is not COD, you are right, it isn't and it shouldn't be.....but it also doesn't excel/surpasses original COD UO experience.

My .02 cents.

Upvote 0