• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Elder Scrolls V

Just avoid the barrows since they're obviously more frequently going to have Draugr. Mountain entrances have things from wolves and spiders to bandits and gamblers.

I'm mostly just wrapping up my Sword n Board Warrior and focusing mostly on my Assassin now with my Mage on the sidelines. 70 hours of gameplay so far, and I'll probably hit about 180 before my other three characters I want to make are "done."

By then, I imagine their DLC/expansion will be out.

Upvote 0
This has become one of the only RPGs I actually played through along with the first KOTOR and diablo 2. Really amazing game. While the combat and no real party system is kind of weak just exploring and even getting into the lore is really entertaining.

Right now I'm just treasure hunting to grab a house in solitude. I'm playing on the hardest difficulty though and I still pretty much 1 shot everything with my sneaky archer skills.

I never played oblivion or fallouts dlc how does it work exactly? Do you need to start a new game to play it? Also does it scale to what level you are if it does work on an existing save?

Upvote 0
I pretty much fiended the game on my day off today and got it out of my system I think.

I really hate the dwarf/dremen cave cities and thier stupid robots. The design of them feels really out of place and tacky. Manoroth (sp?) obviosly looks great but everything else gets so repetitive that any dwarf dungeon feels like a huge chore.

Still trying to figure out how to become a vampire, maybe I need to cure myself of being a werewolf first lol.

Upvote 0
Now, my love, you won't say NO to me anymore :cool:

sBn98.jpg

Upvote 0
We need stalhrim! Raw stalhrim, refined stalhrim, weapons, armor and a smithing perk to go with it all. Something similar to the glass set but less metal and icy blue stalhrim instead of green glass.
Would be a fitting and fairly high-level outfit for the really strong types of Draugr too.

And I'd like to be able to craft my own arrows.

I really hate the dwarf/dremen cave cities and thier stupid robots. The design of them feels really out of place and tacky.
The design is debatable, sure. Personally, I love the city parts or any parts that look like someone lived in them at some point but am partial to the normal dungeons. They looks good, but they don't have a clear purpose so they're just unnecessarily wide corridors with pipes to me.

As a fantasy concept, I really like the idea of a highly advanced culture that just disappeared, its mechanical remnants still doing the bidding of their long-gone masters.
Creepy and grand.:)

Upvote 0
I pretty much fiended the game on my day off today and got it out of my system I think.

I really hate the dwarf/dremen cave cities and thier stupid robots. The design of them feels really out of place and tacky. Manoroth (sp?) obviosly looks great but everything else gets so repetitive that any dwarf dungeon feels like a huge chore.

Still trying to figure out how to become a vampire, maybe I need to cure myself of being a werewolf first lol.

It looks out of place because lore wise, that's the point. Dwemer were the race that went against everything else and attempted to technologically advance and they just "vanished."

They're the Icarus of the ES lore.

Upvote 0
The design is debatable, sure. Personally, I love the city parts or any parts that look like someone lived in them at some point but am partial to the normal dungeons. They looks good, but they don't have a clear purpose so they're just unnecessarily wide corridors with pipes to me.

As a fantasy concept, I really like the idea of a highly advanced culture that just disappeared, its mechanical remnants still doing the bidding of their long-gone masters.
Creepy and grand.:)

I read through a few of the dremen books just now on a quest since they were all sorted in one place. The lore behind them is actually really interesting I assumed there machines turned on them or something stupid like that. One book implied that their entire society had decided to ascend to some higher existence all at once.

But as for the design it just doesn't feel like anything has a purpose, as if the pipes and gates and machinery are just there to decorate a linear tunnel. Obviously that is exactly what they are there for but I feel with inorganic art assets there needs to be a lot more care in making a good layout. It's not like it's difficult to achieve that, I think the problem is how everything is scaled to fit premade tunnels, where as it would be much better if the levels were designed around larger prefabed architecture.

Upvote 0
While I think most of the dungeons in Skyrim are an improvement over older TES dungeons....the Dwemer ruins specifically seemed to take a step backwards. At least, I remember Dwemer Morrowind ruins feeling like they had more purpose to the design. Oh there's a living area, oh here's a workshop. Oh these connecting tunnels actually connect a complex people lived in, not just to get me back to the entrance.

I think they did such a high level of detail on the textures in the Dwemer ruins that they just figured it was good. Compared to other dungeons, they feel straightforward. Which feels wrong. They should be among the most labyrinth.

On the other hand the other kinds of dungeons feel much more alive than the Oblivion caves and Ayelid ruins and forts. True, they totally overuse the draugr, and it seems like every dungeon has at least one corner of it completely dominated by Frostbite spiders....but the designs are definitely better. And the eye candy adds just enough to get and keep your imagination going for a few dozen hours. It seems like there's more consideration for stuff the player has to search for, like chests set on top of broken pillars you have to jump to. That stuff was a rarity in Morrowind, and almost completely absent in Oblivion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0