• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Valves new game - a dota port on the source engine

Not really a "port" ... given the "2" in the game's title.

They are not adding a single new hero or ability. All 100 heroes in dota "2" are the exact same as in the war3 map. The map and items are unchanged.

The only thing new mentioned is "hats and other unlockables".

To me it takes new gameplay to make a new game not numbers and hats.

Upvote 0
i havent played it, but isint league of legends essentially a dota-type game, and free?

Yes. It has very different gameplay though.

There is also Heroes of Newerth by S2 games, which is also a dota clone that icefrog helped work on before going to valve to make the exact same game. Thats why I'm confused about what valves doing because HoN already exists and there are few ways to improve on it to make it worth buying again.

Upvote 0
Can be the same in DotA.

I'm not terribly interested in the community features for this game since DotA has always been a Lan game for me. Never played it online and never felt the urge to do so. But if the features turn out awesome I seriously hope Epic is going to take note and build a really deep community integration system around the next installment of the UT series, when they decide to do another one.

Upvote 0
and that comes from someone who only knows DotA from Basshunter :eek:

Haha, same here lol :eek:

In fact, for those who know the lyrics of the original, DotA and Data sounds almost the same for the longest time I thought he was singing "Vi sitter her i venten och spelar lite data" - i.e "we're sitting in the vent and playing a little computer" :D

Also I thought Boten Anna was about a boat :(

Upvote 0
nSN2M.jpg

B659b.jpg

2v99jwz.jpg

Reactions: mamoo
Upvote 0