• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Quick "mute" button.

I'd prefer if you can click player on scoreboard to mute.

That only works if, unlike ROOST, all players are displayed on the scoreboard.

That'll mean 32 per side on a 64 player server, instead of the current ROOST top however many.

If that's the case, I'm all for it. If not, the annoying guy is usually on the bottom part, and not displayed, and this wouldn't help.

Upvote 0
That only works if, unlike ROOST, all players are displayed on the scoreboard.

That'll mean 32 per side on a 64 player server, instead of the current ROOST top however many.

If that's the case, I'm all for it. If not, the annoying guy is usually on the bottom part, and not displayed, and this wouldn't help.

Back in the day (am I old?) you could just scroll down with pgup and pgdown. Wonder why they removed that in all current games..

Upvote 0
The quick button is the option with less hassle, the problem is that you'd have to catch him while he is talking, and there is a very little but existing risk of muting someone by accident.

Selecting names in the scoreboard is the most precise one, but has the hassle of having to bring it up and search for the name (with 64 players it would be quite a bother if a spammer makes you go through that trouble) which is stealing more game time from you than what the guy deserves.

I vote for having both things.

Or maybe the ability to click that little mic symbol that pops when someone talks.

You'd need a mouse pointer while playing.

Upvote 0
The mind experiment of how many people who posted in here (me included :p) would get muted during a game makes me chuckle.
faceg.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0