• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Which ideas and suggestions bother you the most?

Which ideas and suggestions bother you the most?

• New Weapons

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • New Specimens

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • New Content

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • New Ability

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • Other

Votes: 12 22.2%

• Total voters
Other:

Female skins. We get it already. Just stop.

At least weapon/perk/specimen ideas can be creative and a really good one could be considered for white list (new medic gun, and brute).

The lack of female skins and thus the lack of drama/stupidity that accompanies them is a GOOD thing, by far. I've nothing against females playing games, but the reaction they have on the mostly-male crowd is pretty embarassing.

And yeah, you can add female skins easy, but they walk awkwardly and manly without animations. It's not worth the time to make entirely new models and animations just for a few skins instead of outright new content, including creative new enemies, weapons, and levels.

Upvote 0
He never even had a problem with anyone not specifying the class to begin with... He just said that having an M4 for the commando wouldn't be necessarily bad provided it suits the gameplay and doesn't cause issues in the game's balance and also there needs to be a lot more in the idea than just "add the M4 to KF" which is something that needs putting into consideration before the addition is deemed worthwhile. What is it about this statement managed to start you off like that? Go back to the steam forums, sonny.

Maybe its because lewt is trying to pass his opinion as fact. Nearly every one of his posts in this thread he presents himself as a grade-A asshat. I don't think lewt was presenting his ideas as well put together as you later did for him.

Oh, and steam users are awesome at making baseless assumptions. Like you assuming that guy is from the steam forums.

People like lewt are turning this place into the steam forums in my opinion. "Hey its a bad idea because I say so. Oh yeah your opinion is WRONG" kind of mentality has no place here.

Upvote 0
He never even had a problem with anyone not specifying the class to begin with... He just said that having an M4 for the commando wouldn't be necessarily bad provided it suits the gameplay and doesn't cause issues in the game's balance and also there needs to be a lot more in the idea than just "add the M4 to KF" which is something that needs putting into consideration before the addition is deemed worthwhile. What is it about this statement managed to start you off like that? Go back to the steam forums, sonny.
He never stated anything like that. He merely said "If it's for the commando then okay, but if it's just because you like gun then bad, BAD! Get that ****ing idea out of here!" "If you can't see why you're wrong then you're an idiot."

Upvote 0
He never stated anything like that. He merely said "If it's for the commando then okay, but if it's just because you like gun then bad, BAD! Get that ****ing idea out of here!" "If you can't see why you're wrong then you're an idiot."

I try and defend you, and you go and word your post like this?

Thanks for making me look like a total moron.:mad:

Reactions: slavek and Spicy
Upvote 0

Because adding a gun just because you like it isn't a good idea. It's an idea that lacks substance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Perk ideas usually bug me quite a bit, but there are good ideas in every category; I don't necessaily feel that it's a type of suggestion, but a way that a suggestion is made. "Add this gun/zed/ability for no reason, but its kewl".

But you know what infuriates me even more? I know I'll be flamed to hell for this but...

"I hate this/that what do you hate the most" threads such as this one. It's purely negative and infuriating, particularly ones like this where people go and spew hatred at those who are actually trying to help the game. Sure there are annoying kinds of ideas/suggestions, but the whole "all people who suggest ideas are idiots whom I hate" really pisses me off. You don't like the subforums like that? Well then, either stay off them, or post anything you feel is better. In any case, please try and be nice to those who actually have good intentions instead of cynically criticizing everyone else. And don't even get me started on those who sit back and badmouth those who actually make their ideas into reality. You don't like it? Then make your own "superior" ideas into being, and pretend as if all the other haters aren't badmouthing it.Thanks.

I was fine with just one, little "your least fav person" thread, but I am seeing loadsa threads about hating and I am quite sick and tired of hateful rhetoric in every thread. This is just me ventin'

Rant finished. Carry on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Because adding a gun just because you like it isn't a good idea. It's an idea that lacks substance.
The game itself lacks substance. I mean really, the whole point is to shoot monsters as they get harder and harder, you can at least have an array of weapons to choose from so the game doesn't get as boring. That's how i see it.

Reactions: Maktaka
Upvote 0
The game itself lacks substance. I mean really, the whole point is to shoot monsters as they get harder and harder, you can at least have an array of weapons to choose from so the game doesn't get as boring. That's how i see it.

You haven't been playing KF for very long, have you? Tons of weapons have been added to the game since release and this has continually gave the game more variety. You have no complaint there.

Anyway, be aware that TWI are a very small company working on a game that looks like something you'd expect from an even larger company and they're really crunching down on it and it just gets better and better! They're more than likely going to not touch KF for a very long time. Not until the new game is finished, at least.

Upvote 0

You haven't been playing KF for very long, have you? Tons of weapons have been added to the game since release and this has continually gave the game more variety. You have no complaint there.
I bought it last month. But i know they've been adding new weapons and characters to the game. That's my whole line of logic. Add new content so people don't get bored.

Upvote 0
I bought it last month. But i know they've been adding new weapons and characters to the game. That's my whole line of logic. Add new content so people don't get bored.

Well if you're after new content, we got the Mk.23 pistol and M7A3 rifle coming in, along with the Barrett M99 sniper rifle, all community-made. Yoshiro said that at some point, these guns will make it into the game and most likely, with a bit of TWI polish.

Don't forget the Brute!

Upvote 0
There has been a suggestion before for a DLC pack where players get reskins of weapons to go over current ones. Weapon would function no different, and would not be treat as a seperate weapon, it would just look different (so say skinning an M4 over an Ak for example would mean you could have either an Ak OR M4, not both).

Personally I really like this idea, but I don't know how much more work it would require to model, texture, animate, add sound and even just basically manage allowing players to choose 1 skin or another. It would probably be alot more than just modelling, skinning and rigging a new character, but tbh I have no idea about anything mod related :)

But still its nice to dream :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well if you're after new content, we got the Mk.23 pistol and M7A3 rifle coming in, along with the Barrett M99 sniper rifle, all community-made. Yoshiro said that at some point, these guns will make it into the game and most likely, with a bit of TWI polish.

Don't forget the Brute!
Cool.

About Killing Floor lacking substance. It has substance, and I'm not trying to rag on it for being simple, it just gets repetitive.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cool.

About Killing Floor lacking substance. It has it and I'm not trying to rag on it for being simple, it just gets repetitive.

I find it's repetetive if you stick to identical perks, playstyles, team types, and spots. Switching into the police station on westlondon, or perhaps playing a different way can often dramatically change the experience, and it's significantly easier than coding weapons. Hence all the existing weapons and perks and spots.

Of course, it still is probable that TWI will add more content on after ROHOS, but that will take a bit, so I suggest you explore the content and experiences that KF has to offer in the meantime.:D

Reactions: Benjamin
Upvote 0
Perk ideas usually bug me quite a bit, but there are good ideas in every category; I don't necessaily feel that it's a type of suggestion, but a way that a suggestion is made. "Add this gun/zed/ability for no reason, but its kewl".

But you know what infuriates me even more? I know I'll be flamed to hell for this but...

"I hate this/that what do you hate the most" threads such as this one. It's purely negative and infuriating, particularly ones like this where people go and spew hatred at those who are actually trying to help the game. Sure there are annoying kinds of ideas/suggestions, but the whole "all people who suggest ideas are idiots whom I hate" really pisses me off. You don't like the subforums like that? Well then, either stay off them, or post anything you feel is better. In any case, please try and be nice to those who actually have good intentions instead of cynically criticizing everyone else. And don't even get me started on those who sit back and badmouth those who actually make their ideas into reality. You don't like it? Then make your own "superior" ideas into being, and pretend as if all the other haters aren't badmouthing it.Thanks.

I was fine with just one, little "your least fav person" thread, but I am seeing loadsa threads about hating and I am quite sick and tired of hateful rhetoric in every thread. This is just me ventin'

Rant finished. Carry on.

This. Very well put. I have seen the light :D

Have a +

Upvote 0

Rant finished. Carry on.

+1

Additionally, while I was all set to agree with sverek regarding weapons, when I saw that silhouette of that Lewis .303 LMG, I started to do some backpedaling. Mmmmm...

Just kidding. I think.

I voted "Other." The suggestion at fault being there is one, and only one, correct way to play KF.

Upvote 0