• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dark Souls! You are already dead...

He makes some excellent points, and cleverly uses the profit angle as his anchor. Well done.

The only argument I've heard in support of console development that makes a bit of sense is the universal hardware issue. It just costs less to develop for one set of hardware; a cost which can be offset by continuing sales (I would imagine; subject to specific conditions). Also, when you open up the game to modders, sometimes bugs can be fixed without you needing to spend resources on it, not to mention content.

Yeah, I'd like to get the chance to play Dark Souls. I'm gonna go sign that form.

Upvote 0
The artbook is nice and so is the soundtrack. I thought the CD would be useless as I don't play music CDs at home, cause everything is MP3, but I just play it in my car together with the Witcher 2 OST. I'm no longer in the age of listening to loud metal while driving so I found a great music replacement for my car in those 2 CDs

I would buy it again if it came to PC.

Upvote 0
That was a well crafted argument with, to me, no real exaggeration about the potential. When you put a DD game in terms of an endless sales cycle, it's got make the mouths of the suits start to water.

I don't normally go in for petitions but I think I'll sign this one, because Demon/Dark Souls are some of the only console exclusives I've ever seriously regretted not buying a console over. I could have cared less about Killzone and stuff like that, but Dark Souls seems like it was made by an entirely different breed of console developer. And that's very tempting.

It just costs less to develop for one set of hardware; a cost which can be offset by continuing sales (I would imagine; subject to specific conditions).

On the other hand, the tech that consoles are pegged to is fairly basic, at this point in time. Getting newer hardware profiles to work with it might prove challenging....but plenty of console titles went cross platform with relative ease. (Devil May Cry 4 comes to mind.) The larger issue is probably that game development led on the PS3, which has different architecture than the 360 (which ports pretty easily to the PC.)

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Uncharted series = win. Not sure if they would fit on PC though. By that I don't mean that the series is inferior to PC games, which it is not, but that it's more of a "sit on your couch and enjoy the ride" kind of game. Uncharted 3 is my personal GOTY. Incredible graphics(both art style and technical) and perfect storytelling with incredible characters.

Upvote 0
Soon to be 30,000 signs.

Would be totally awesome if this works. Maybe even get more Namco games, like Tales series. I mean theres really no games like that, practically no competition for those kind of games for PC.

But what is this crying about "PC version will be full of hackers", isn't this SP game mainly? What would you care if people cheated their way through?

Upvote 0
Well from what I understand you can jump into other people's games through the online portion to assist them vs. or boss OR you can jump in to kill them (I heard that one boss can even summon a human to fight for him as a champion). So you could see griefing from that if someone is cheating and jumping into all kinds of people's games and owning them. I haven't played DS though so I don't really know how the system works.

But I don't see what the deal is, griefing is a concern with any game, and if you got caught doing it through steam/VAC you'd just get permabanned.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Namco Bandai response :):

jffevn.jpg

qybcz7.jpg

Reactions: fOgGy
Upvote 0
Awesome news, what seemed impossible is starting to look not-so-impossible.

I'm currently playing in NG+, and I still use the black leather armor that my thief started with (but upgraded to +8 and +9).

My main weapons are:
Priscila's Dagger +5, Dragon Crest Shield +5 and Black Bow of Pharis +10

My secondary weapons for special occasions:
Queelag's Furysword +5
Lighting Estoc +5

I just rang the second bell and I'm not encountering too much resistance so far, even though I take massive damage from the enemies in this NG+ compared to the first playthrough.
The player experience of knowing how to fight each enemy is what really makes the difference in this game, I don't find it specially hard or frustrating like many others say, but what I do find is that each encounter demands awareness, discipline and concentration from the player, and that is what makes it so good and rewarding, you can't just mash through everything without paying attention because the game will punish you hard for trying to do that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0