• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Seeing player shadows through walls and floor

u-s-e-r

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 24, 2010
Catagory: Code, level design

In many of the maps there are quite a few places where you can see the shadows of players in another floor above you or in another room. This is obviously a problem since you practically see through walls and floors.

Here in the screenshots is one problematic place I found in the map Barracks. You can see the shadows of the players upstairs in this place from downstairs. The other pic is from downstairs pointing out the place where you can see the shadows of the players upstairs and the other one is from upstairs pointing out the place where players downstairs can see your shadows. Its in the middle of the building, next to the stairs.

Note that you cant see any shadows in the pics since there are no players whose shadows to see, I'm just pointing the place out.

Last edited:
confession

confession

I confess--I've had a lot of fun with this one. There is nothing more satisfying that seeing the shadow of some guy through the wall as he is trying to sneak up on you, and then taking him out with a few rounds through the wall all unsuspecting like. It's glorious. I do this a lot on the grain elevator foothold, left side defending.

but yeah... it should be fixed.

Upvote 0
I confess--I've had a lot of fun with this one. There is nothing more satisfying that seeing the shadow of some guy through the wall as he is trying to sneak up on you, and then taking him out with a few rounds through the wall all unsuspecting like. It's glorious. I do this a lot on the grain elevator foothold, left side defending.

but yeah... it should be fixed.
Yeah, not to use this to your advantage as long as its there would be pretty strange :p

Upvote 0