• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will "Enemy spotted!" and "Grenade!" voice commands be local?

It's not local in ROOST afaik.
I have the grenade warning bound to a key so i can quickly warn people, but it is ignored every single time because nobody still has any clue as to where the grenade is actually landing. So it is not actually useful at all to have a grenade warning in the game, unless it is local instead of for the entire team to hear.

If they would make these things local than i would be a very happy man.
It just doesnt make any sense to include them if they are not, really.

Upvote 0
You have the pre-programmed voice commands in the native languages or the VOIP where you as a player speak into a mic.

Normal VOIP is broadcast to everyone either on your team or public (both teams) whereas 3D would be as if only the players in your map vicinity could hear you as in real life.
Doesn't 3D also give you directional sound? ie. if the player speaking was to your left, the player's voice would be coming predominantly through your left speaker.

Upvote 0
Doesn't 3D also give you directional sound? ie. if the player speaking was to your left, the player's voice would be coming predominantly through your left speaker.

Yes, or at least it should. Also it should fade over a distance. Once in a blue moon I will have 'shouting' matches in DH with a member of the opposite team with the voice commands :D

Upvote 0
I use a set of 3D earphones, and they're not as directional as my old 5.1 speaker system. It's more of a "hint" to where the sound is coming from to me, than a real direction.

What they do is stop my wife from complaining that it sounds like there's a war happening in the next room.

Same here. But I disagree wholeheartedly @doomis about the bass/subwoofer. The bass in my Turtle Beach hpa2s is amazing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0