• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Something RO2 does really well

As written in the book, "Ostfront", by Charles Winchester, wrote:

"The War in the East was a medieval war of conquest conducted with twentieth-century technology............Hitler planned nothing less than a war of extermination, eliminating the Communist regime.....and most of the peoples of Eastern Europe."

This game captures a lot of the sentiment of the conflict and helps immerse the player into a desperate world of intense fighting. Its why I enjoy it so much.

Upvote 0
I had a pretty cool moment, I didn't really feel bad about it though like you guys.

I had a PPSH and the German had a MP40, we were maybe 10 meters at most away from each other shooting at each other popping up and down behind cover.

He switches to his pistol, and I use the last shots on my smg and hit him and he starts bleeding out and shooting his pistol randomly as he blacks out. I slowly take out my pistol, aim at his head and fire one shot to put him out of his misery instead of letting him bleed out. Also felt like a bad *** because I was out of smg ammo.

Upvote 0
I hate to say it but after 25 or 30 hours I got kind of numb to the suffering :p

Well, to the point where I don't really hear the screams and the moans anymore because I'm too busy listening for footfalls.

That said I've mercy killed more than a few people even though there's no kind of actual mechanics behind it. I man have used half a clip to pepper someone I killed quickly just for good measure.....but I think RO2 is the first FPS where I've done something like just as a sort of human response.

While it may be a little sadistic or morbid....it'd be sweet if terminal players in their death animation were still technically "alive" and if struck some more they'd expire and the player who actually dealt them their fatal wound gets their kill notice promptly instead of delayed.

Upvote 0
i was playing apartments and shot some one with my nagunt from 60 or 70 meters...he was running twords me...but not full on.

it was like the bullet had weight, he stoped in his tracks, fell on his knees, and then on his face as a pool of blood started to form from his heart.

this was not an annimation! i stood ther for a while, bullets still flying...just saying "damn, how did TWI get these so realistic".

i have done the same thing to deer many times with my 30-30 in hte russian olive trees.

anotehr time some damn german ans his MG 34 were laying into us...me an a comrad jumped into a shell hole. i killed a few with my 91/30...and i heard my comrad poping shells off.

suddenly...TWACK...i looked over and saw him bleeding and rolling over, and the "blood in your throught" gurgling sounds actually made me sick. i stoped eating the MC D's i had.

i dont know what it is....but the immersion is just so damn great!

Upvote 0