• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Auditory brown streak pls!

Colt .45 killer

Grizzled Veteran
May 19, 2006
Those who remember the vanilla version of RO will remember when the community nicely asked ( demanded really ) that death screams be added into game for players when killed, and how much it added to the experience when it made its way into a patch.

Well I got to thinking about ROHOS and the many new types of wounds, slow death, and dismemberment that RO had. I would like to see the category of pain induced / dying sounds increased. ( Forgive me oh great TWI if you've already included this...)

IE:
Persons with body parts blown off would hold said blown off limb stump while screaming before going into shock and dieing.
Persons hit by munitions that are insta kill would obviously say nothing.
Those hit with a bleed out death be hollering like sailors.
Those hit with a non bleed out hit would curse and grunt at the pain, which would subdue after bandaging.

A key part of this being that it would not be necessary for the player to remain attached to the dieing charachter.

Your thoughts?

A quick bleed death would imply that people fade away pretty quickly, so I wouldn't like to hear people scream in agony while passing away.

that was just my IE: *bla bla bla what i think might work *

Your gonna have to do better then that, or I'll turn you into lemonade!:D
Do you like the idea of more sounds related to pain / death? if yes do you have any particular ones you want to see?

Upvote 0
another kid who thinks steven seagal movies accurately portray death. i have seen people slowly drift into death, and they definitely do not "be hollering like sailors". has video games and movies trivialized death this much?

trust me, when you're on the verge of death you either lose consciousness and all feeling or you're in way too much pain to be cursing and acting macho.

Upvote 0
another kid who thinks steven seagal movies accurately portray death. i have seen people slowly drift into death, and they definitely do not "be hollering like sailors". has video games and movies trivialized death this much?

trust me, when you're on the verge of death you either lose consciousness and all feeling or you're in way too much pain to be cursing and acting macho.

Thanks mr condescending for your input into this thread, I've actually never seen a steven seagal movie. I'm not sure by your bravado if you have actually seen anyone die, every veteran I've ever talked to doesn't brag about seeing others die. ( It's usually quite the opposite, they become quite and sombre)

That was a simple typed out IE list which I did not give too much thought too, if you have an addition I guess you could probably post it in a civil maner, providing your head can disengage from your a$s.

Lastly you will also note if you read the whole IE "before going into shock"; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shock_(circulatory)
Shock is the lack of blood / oxygen flow to parts of the body, there are different levels of shock, and short of being hit by something pretty damned big, pretty damned hard, your are not going to enter shock instantaneously. And ergo have a very short period of time where you can still feel the pain completely.

So if you dident like what I originally posted why not try being constructive and adding your suggestions or contradictions in a civil maner, because as you can see here an entire post ( this one here ) where the poster spends half of the post flaming only leads to exactly the opposite of what the TWI forums have stood for for so long; maturity.

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0