• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Info] Worst. Release. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NerdSauce

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 13, 2011
So, after paying extra for the Deluxe version - and waiting whilst the release date was pushed back by two weeks, and then still waiting through virtually the entire day of the 13th (it's due release date) it's finally just gone midnight - in other words it's the 14th NOT the 13th and the game has finally unlocked.....oh joy, yes?!

No. No and Hell No.

Firstly, when trying to alter my game settings because my mouse sensitivity is way off I discover a blank background with absolutely NO options on it at all. On further investigation it turns out over HALF the settings sections are totally missing. The only one that is supplied is the graphics section - although what changing those settings will do to improve the game I don't know - not like it's going to perform a sudden miracle.
I apparently don't have ANY of the extras that are supposed to be supplied with the Deluxe edition (or at the very least, I can't find them or they aren't unlocked after all which begs the question - why demand more money for something everyone is going to unlock later anyway and then make us wait the same length of time?)

The game play itself leaves much to be desired. It's laggy as anything, glitches and freezes all the time. The aiming mechanisms are highly inaccurate and random (i.e. aim at a target 600yards away and hit it, aim at target next to it also at 600yards in the exact same spot and miss) also there's no way of knowing the distance to target, so how are we supposed to 'dial-in' the distance and expect to hit a moving enemy? Especially if it takes six or seven shots for one hit - by that time you've given away your position and are most likely dead (which is pointless).

As someone who paid extra for this game - it leaves me wanting my money back and desiring to get this pathetic excuse for a game off my machine before it turns my entire system into a puddle of goo on my floor.
I expected WAY more from a full release! Especially one that was delayed for bug repairs for so long! I don't want to, and shouldn't have to, wait for weeks for a patch just to even bring it up to the Beta standard (which was pretty awful at that, but still a darn sight better than the full release!)

In short, this game has to rank amongst the WORST games of 2011 - if not ALL TIME. Isn't fit to be called a game, let alone ready for use. And should DEFINITELY NOT be bought/installed/played by anyone - ever. Please for the love of all that is holy let this one die off quickly never to be spoken of again! Tripwire - you've really screwed the pooch on this one!!

Reactions: Choice
Status
Not open for further replies.