• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is the Barrett M99 balanced?It is in the modding area

Is the Barrett M99 balanced?It is in the modding area

• Yes,nicely done.

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • No,1 shot FP is too powerful.

Votes: 22 50.0%

• Total voters
1 shot on HOE just strikes me as wrong..... but then again with that weight and only 25 shots, SS wouldnt be able to get anything else but some pipes. i havnt tried HOE yet but im assuming pistol is like throwing marshmellows at even the clots right?

the SS would be able to do nothing but kill FP and Scrakes and even then if they killed ALL the scrakes they could they would run out of ammo long before end of wave.

2 shots with option to at least still be able to carry hand cannon i say

Upvote 0
1 shot on HOE just strikes me as wrong..... but then again with that weight and only 25 shots, SS wouldnt be able to get anything else but some pipes. i havnt tried HOE yet but im assuming pistol is like throwing marshmellows at even the clots right?

the SS would be able to do nothing but kill FP and Scrakes and even then if they killed ALL the scrakes they could they would run out of ammo long before end of wave.

2 shots with option to at least still be able to carry hand cannon i say

Yeah you could be right. With 2 shot fp kills there could be room for a handcannon but the you can also carry 2 HCs. This way it's too close to the crossbow.

Upvote 0
Hah great! Not that ur sick... :D but the numbers. Yeah that damage pretty much is what i was looking for and the fp should take 2 headshots: each costs the fp about 50% health.
In my opinion, shot from this rifle should provide enough power, so teammates doesn't have much problems finishing fp. Leaving FP 20%-30% health (max difficulty) would be reasonable, in my opinion.

If it does 50% hp max damage to fp on max difficulty, it might be safe to provide SS with handcannon side arm, or release this sexy Sniper Rifle along with mk23 pistol as for side arm. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack-Carver
Upvote 0
I found the sweetspot now:

M99: 1250 damage and still a 1.1 headshotmultiplier, a 30% Fleshie resistance on Beginner, Normal and Hard, whereas a 45% resistance on Survival and HoE grants this:

* 1-shots every Clot, Stalker, Crawler, Siren and Gorefast on the body on all difficulties and number of players. This is both for Sharpshooters and Non-sharpshooters.
* 2-shots Husks and Bloats with bodyshots (Regardless of perk) on some of the higher difficulties/number of players. (Husk can still barely be one-bodyshotted on 6-man Hard, Bloat cannot)
* Scrakes can be 1- or 2-headshotted / 2-decapped by NON-sharpshooters depending on diff/player number.
* Scrakes will always be 1-headshotted by a lvl 6 sharpshooter on any difficulty and number of players. (This is balanced imo)

Fleshpounds will be:
* By a level 6 sharpshooter 1-headshotted on 6-man Beginner, Normal and Hard and on 1- or 2-man Hell on Earth and on 1/2/3-man Suicidal
* By a level 6 sharpshooter 2-headshotted on 4/5/6-man Suicidal and 3/4/5/6-man Hell on Earth.
* By a Non-sharpshooter it takes (on the higher diffs and player numbers) 4 or so headshots to DECAP the Fleshie, so it's kinda useless for Non-sharpies against Fleshpounds

Safe to say: The rifle is a Scrake-killer in any player's hand, but only a Fleshpound killer in a Sharpshooter's hand.

With these numbers either you should be able to carry a lesser sidearm (like a single Mk23) or you get more shots for the M99 as a Sharpshooter (i lean more towards the bolded & underlined part myself)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack-Carver
Upvote 0
Yeah this seems perfect! Although I would remove the reloading bonus. This weapon should always reload at the same speed.
Seriously we have to make a new poll to see if people like your (imho perfect) decission.
One thing that might make problems is, that you'r able to 1 shot fps on low player counts. But lets see what people think.

Thanks ^^

But regarding this: "One thing that might make problems is, that you'r able to 1 shot fps on low player counts."
Well, that's almost impossible to work around. If you are not able to one-shot Fleshies on low-player count (aka solo / duo) you will be required to THREE-shot the Fleshie on high-player counts.

Upvote 0
The weight is the only problem I have with it if you're using the rest of the specs.

Supports should NOT be able to carry it and a shotgun. There's a reason they can't do it with the LAW...

If a Support can carry it and the normal Shotgun, they can basically take on any specimen on Hard or Below games...or on low-player games of higher difficulties. They'd pop the FPs/Scrakes in the head and shotgun everything else.

The weight needs to be 14, just like the LAW.

However support can carry LAW + AA12 now...

But you only have 10 rockets though...

Reactions: Jack-Carver and Aze
Upvote 0
The weight is the only problem I have with it if you're using the rest of the specs.

Supports should NOT be able to carry it and a shotgun. There's a reason they can't do it with the LAW...

If a Support can carry it and the normal Shotgun, they can basically take on any specimen on Hard or Below games...or on low-player games of higher difficulties. They'd pop the FPs/Scrakes in the head and shotgun everything else.

The weight needs to be 14, just like the LAW.

Allow me to educate you:

The LAW is already 13, which means as a Support you can carry the LAW + any of your Shotgun, even the heavy AA12 or Hunting Shotgun (13+10 = 23, which is the EXACT spare room the Support has at level 6)

The M99 will also be 13, allowing for any Shotgun along with it as well... BUT, just like the LAW, you get a smaller amount of bullets unperked.
Right now that is set to 25 bullets unperked, 35 perked. I am considering to lower this to 18 unperked and 30 perked instead, to really push it as a Sharpshooter weapon.

Upvote 0