Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS General > General Discussion

Old 04-17-2014, 12:02 PM

The randomness of selection is one of the unknowns that makes the game still balanced. Once you make it so a private is a private forever, that player will leave. You can not market a public game to the 'few' and then expect everyone else to enjoy being hammered by the few repeatedly with NO chance to really improve.

Command is just a part of the game, you as in real life will get good as well as bad, and Honor usually has nothing to do with leadership selection in almost all situations game world as well as real world, True leaders perculate to the top, wanna be leaders sink to the bottom. The only way to find them is to let them try and lead.

One of the failings of many a clan is the limitations placed on 'new' members as the existing members by intent limit the advancement of the new players, hence they leave. If we do the same in public servers you will have just the few left and new players avoid that server. How many times do we see this?
Old 04-17-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
I feel it has to be said that Campaign mode is still superior to the rudimentary, disjointed RO2 experience. I hope RO3 extends this concept further.
Amen.

My view is that Campaign is V1 at best, I don't think it was fully developed to begin with, it was dropped then effectively resurrected by the community. It has it's issues to be sure, the primary one for me being the endlessly replaying the same maps over and over as has been discussed.

The potential though is great, find solutions to current problems, add some complexity, maybe by making overall strategy more important and feasible. TE is fine for jump in and play a map or two, but for extended playing sessions, Campaign could be stellar.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:24 PM

I agree, campaign is a great idea that needs a little work.
Old Yesterday, 10:21 AM

The real problems with the campaign are the maps originally intented to have a certain side attacking or defending. I noticed that this seems to be more a problem in RS due to the lack of SMGs/semiautomatic weapons on the Japanese side. So the maps had to be "just" tweaked with reinforcements and/or map time.

As example the Japanese have usually a hard time attacking Saipan (at least according to my experience). So raising their reinforcements (or lowering the ones of the defenders) could provide a solution. Or just extend the map time. Or both. Of course it is hard to find the right values.