• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Goggles.

I want to ability to use goggles, if on it would reduce vision blur, from explosions and flying debre, but would reduce vision somewhat by blocking out the corners of the screen.

This is not a moder war scenario with everyone running around with tactical ballistic glasses. Germans had sun goggles as sort of general issue, but thats another story since there

Reactions: 213 and Arto1990
Upvote 0
I was looking for the pic of the soldier with the metal 'jacket' but couldn't find it....

SN-42 "Steel Breastplate"

001.jpg

Upvote 0
because it was so cold in stalingrad. they heated up the metal plates and they would store the warmth for some time. saves you from wearing old fashioned jackets and wool-shirts.

same concept here, only a little more advanced (keeps the whole body warm, but proved to be unpractical in other theatres than the polar areas):

cp-0003.jpg

:IS2:

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt.Cool and 213
Upvote 0
He got Flak Jacket Pro.

But seriously, that armor could stop a pistol round at around 100 meters. There's a photo circulating around with a German wearing it, that saved his life.

Are you sure, because pistol and smg's got same round.
Which would basicly mean that it would be able to stop
also smg round, which would make it quite practical.
Which i doubt, because those werent used so commonly.

I believe only engineers got those because of debris
in those cases where your mate have used allready
half part of fuse igniter to fireing up campfire.

Upvote 0
Are you sure, because pistol and smg's got same round.
Which would basicly mean that it would be able to stop
also smg round, which would make it quite practical.
Which i doubt, because those werent used so commonly.

I believe only engineers got those because of debris
in those cases where your mate have used allready
half part of fuse igniter to fireing up campfire.

Barrel-length greatly affects muzzle-velocity. As such, a vest may stop a given round fired out of a pistol, but not fired out of a submachinegun.

Also - I'm not familiar on the particular subject of ww2-ammunition, but there are examples of "hotter" ammunition of a given caliber being supplied to submachineguns and machinepistols, whereas pistols would use lighter loads. Sweden's 9mm 9B for the m/45 is one example. Purpose made for the submachinegun, would chew up all contemporary sidearms, and a fair share of modern ones as well.

Upvote 0