• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Chances of an updated Western front mod for Red Orch 2?

Hey all. I was thinking about the Darkest Hour mod for Red Orch and was wondering what are the chances that the strong modding community Red Orch has will revisit the Western Front? Or perhaps do something totally different like making a mod that centers around the very first years of WW2 by exploring the German Blitzkrieg campaign?

I think everybody would love to see the transition of the DH mod to RO2. But yeah, it's way too early as they're still working on it for RO.
Well I don[t know about that. Sure it's too soon for, say, the DH devs but other people could easily start working on assets for a mod now.

I mean, it's not like this is a brand new graphics engine we're talking about here. UE3 has been around for a while and there are alot of modders out there who are already familiar with how to use it.

Upvote 0
Well I don[t know about that. Sure it's too soon for, say, the DH devs but other people could easily start working on assets for a mod now.

I mean, it's not like this is a brand new graphics engine we're talking about here. UE3 has been around for a while and there are alot of modders out there who are already familiar with how to use it.

Ok, go put a mod team together and get to it. :D

To what the OP mentioned, I'd love to see early war Barbarossa campaign time period as well.

Upvote 0
I'll be the first to admit the Western front has been over done, and that the Eastern front is a very interesting and still mostly untapped when it comes to gaming, but sue me for being greedy haha. Red Orch is the best WW2 first shooter I have ever played and I want to bring that type of realism to all the fronts. ::Shivers at COD:: That gets me thinking, how cool would it be to visit the fighting in Africa and Italy Red Orch style? Haha :)

Upvote 0
Sometimes it seems like people would rather have a Darkest Hour 2. I think it's great that a modification has gained so much popularity, but I would really like to see the Eastern Front rejuvenated, and for that, I am waiting so patiently for Heroes of Stalingrad.

i can tell you why that is
DH modders did so much right TW did wrong, and vice versa
it just is a verry refreshing experience from Ost, but i wouldnt want a DH 2 instead of HoS

Upvote 0
i can tell you why that is
DH modders did so much right TW did wrong, and vice versa
it just is a verry refreshing experience from Ost, but i wouldnt want a DH 2 instead of HoS

I like the maps in DH and the supersonic snaps, and that's the only thing I can stand in the whole mod. Everything else is dramatically inferior compared to vanilla Ost Front.

Upvote 0
I like the maps in DH and the supersonic snaps, and that's the only thing I can stand in the whole mod. Everything else is dramatically inferior compared to vanilla Ost Front.

what about supression, mg's, tanks, dual sights, WORKING penetration system, ect ?

it actually frightens me that i cant think of one thing that Ost did better than DH :eek:

Upvote 0
what about supression, mg's, tanks, dual sights, WORKING penetration system, ect ?

it actually frightens me that i cant think of one thing that Ost did better than DH :eek:

Ost made all the base and DH added upon it ;). Primary changes where most likely what the DH team found issues with normal ro. Its rather looking at all the things in DH that stayed the same that shows that ro was a pretty good base.

Last edited:
Upvote 0